Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when to move new plant into growbox with HPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when to move new plant into growbox with HPS?

noob here, i havent succeeded with any om my 3 former attempt growing and thought i moved to early into the growbox with my HPSlamp inside my house. i am having little problems with heat contra enough light because i havent got any exhaust out of the room/house just a fan blowing above the plant to avoid to much heat.
    now i wonder when you usually move you little plants into the box/tent, is it after a certain time or is it depending on hon the plant have grown so far that is if it has 2-3 levels of leaves etc.?

Can you give more details? Size of grow box, HPS wattage, type of soil, nutrients if any, any information you can provide will help us to help you. Also, you for sure need some ventilation if you have heat problems.

Comment

Originally posted by dphipps1020 View Post
      Can you give more details? Size of grow box, HPS wattage, type of soil, nutrients if any, any information you can provide will help us to help you. Also, you for sure need some ventilation if you have heat problems.
      thanx and hi. i have this setup https://www.g-tools.nl/en/product/gr...nza-250-035m2/
      but doesnt use the front doors at all because it got to hot without external exhaust outside the room/huse. i have no chance to get vntilation to outside sadly...but hope i can get enough lux/lumens light without getting to much heat. i use ordinary soil with a little nutrients in it but no extra added at this stage. also some perlite added and now i also tries lekamarbles(?) https://molnsatra-lillvede-com.imgix...0&fit=max&q=40 at bottom for better drainage...
      i think i put the small plant inside grow box too early former tries but cant find a good tips in tutorials about when to make the transfer too inside the box...
      maybe it would be easier to get a lamp that is cooler but gives enough lumens/lux...

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        What size wattage is your light? If it's over 350 it may be too much for that little space. Honestly if you want to stay away from the heat, probably look into LEDs. I just bought a 315 CMH light that runs cooler than my HPS but even that may put off too much heat without any exhaust. Did your box come with all the stuff in the picture?

hi again, thanx for input.
      its a 250WHPS
      everything/boxequipment is exactly like in that link...
      but i know you have to reach certain amounts of lux/lumens in different stages so its not just to have big distance between my lamp and plants..

when do people generally put their new plants inside their boxes/tents?

Comment

Usually people start them in the tents. If 250W is too hot you may need an A/C unit in the room your box is in, might be the only way to help your grow.

Comment

Originally posted by dphipps1020 View Post
          Usually people start them in the tents. If 250W is too hot you may need an A/C unit in the room your box is in, might be the only way to help your grow.
          oh thanx...
          ;( i have no exhaust outside the room because there is no windows etc thats why i dont have AC either because it need an exhaust too to get rid of hot air ;(

Comment

What temperature are you getting at the tops of the plants? Excessive heat could kill your plants but you'd have to be in the 90+ degree range for that. "ordinary soil with a little nutrients" could instead be the issue.
            Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• dancer2021
              dancer2021 commented
              Editing a comment
              i have had times when it was ok temp (my last try) but there is now airflow in the room...i have tried different setups with soil watering etc. as a learned more stuff. i will start the lamp in box without plants to see what temp it gets now when its hotter outside then before...
              regards

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X