Soldering iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldering iron

Can a brand new, properly burned off, soldering iron be used for smoking resin? Put a touch on the tip, turn it on and then draw smoke through a straw. Has anyone tried this? Could also be setup to operate like smoking hash on a pin in a glass. Just wondering.

you're gonna put an eye out!

Comment

I avoid using any smoking rig that involves plastics (the straw) and metal of unknown composition. I did once upon a time have an ice bong made of a tennis ball container and aquarium line before I knew better! It worked amazingly well but I'd never do it again not knowing what all off-gassed chemicals I might be inhaling along with the good stuff.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Sure it would work. My question first is, are you smoking resin like scraped your bowl resin? Not judging just curious, it's been a long time since I've smoked some resin lol, I do love concentrates though like rosin and crumble. Second, rather than buy a brand new soldering iron, not that you can't find a cheap one, why not buy something intended for smoking? I would suggest a nectar collector, they have torchless ones now. I miss my nectar collector but I plan to be pressing a lot of rosin in the next month or so, maybe I'll look into a new one.
        4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
        GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
        Second.Grow​​
        PC.Grow
        Grow.3
        4th.Grow
        I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

Technically yes you can. But i would recommend using a glass straw or nectar collector as well. To do it right you would need an electronically adjustable one. And never Tin it you would probably die from inhaling that stuff,

Comment

Yes, but why would you?
            Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

For the novelty of doing it, yes. It’s possible, but for the price, a butane torch and a glass wand are noteworthy alternatives. Either way it’s gonna get messy.

Comment

I was kind of expecting to mostly hear what I've heard. Maybe I'll try using a thin strip of SS crimped to wires (so as to avoid solder) with a small depression in the middle to create a resistance heater attached to a transformer. Hell, an old silver coke spoon and a bic lighter might just work for scissor hash. I think I've still got one lying around. The spoon that is. The trick will be to create the vapor before burning my fingers. I could wrap the end of the tiny spoon in asbestos to protect my finger tips. Just for safety's sake. And just for the record, don't try this at home kids.

Comment

Poke a needle into something solid (enuf to hold it) put a chunk of hash on the needle, light it, cover with a shot glass, do whats obvious. LOL Been a while since I did that. The heating element "may" put off a harmful colorless vapor, if it is copper it does, some of my tips are copper.

Comment

Things I'll never try for $1000 Alex.

Comment

What's wrong with hot knive hits?
                      Space for Rent.

Comment

• duckman
                        duckman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        those were the days...

That's the most stupidly thing I ever have heard. Being a retired EE Engineer you are playing with your life with lead poisoning. Soldering irons are made for electronics and that's it. All you need is a small glass pipe that should be easy to find depending where you live. I still have my glass pipe for smoking stuff like honey oil as called back then. I don't care what anybody says, don't do it. If it was safe, there would be a ton of products online to rip people off more. Be careful out there and stay safe...

Comment

Had a little one-hitter bong that worked great dry for small chunks of hash. That was 35 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rdvideo View Post
                          That's the most stupidly thing I ever have heard. Being a retired EE Engineer you are playing with your life with lead poisoning. Soldering irons are made for electronics and that's it. All you need is a small glass pipe that should be easy to find depending where you live. I still have my glass pipe for smoking stuff like honey oil as called back then. I don't care what anybody says, don't do it. If it was safe, there would be a ton of products online to rip people off more. Be careful out there and stay safe...
                          As it turns out people have been doing this for years. The only difference is they are removing the metal tip and using the ceramic heating element inside. Every single review I read about this said that this was a great way of dabbing. You have to remove (unscrew) the metal sheath around the element. Think about it: there is a heating element which is completely temperature controllable, it is ceramic which is essentially inert, it can be easily mounted, it's relatively small. You set it to a temperature that you test out and mark the dial. That is where you will always set it. It will go to that temp every time. touch some dab to it and inhale through whatever tube you want to. One hand on tube 1 hand on nail. Lots of online discussions. At the low temps it takes to dab it would probably last forever. Zero waste once you nail the technique.
                          Discussion?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X