Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for advice pro tips and tricks for keeping mothers happy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for advice pro tips and tricks for keeping mothers happy.

Hiyas All!
    I have grown auto's in soli for the most part over the last year with almost no success. 4x2x7 indoor tent with HLG 280 led light. Fox farm soil and nutrients. ive used both tap and distilled water PH'ed to 6.2 - 6.8.
    My last grow I grabbed a coco watered every day almost with 2-3 gallon cloth pot's. I did WELL! Llight was 14 inchs I grew 5 auto's 1 photo(my first). going pro mix coco from now on. I cant figure the soil thing out I always muck up feedings. NOW I know I can grow and grow good. I wanna try doing 2 nice photo's in my 4x2x7 tent indoors with my hlg light in coco watering daily. I know this works for the most part for me.
    now that I am doing photos id like to keep a nice mother for clones? is it worth keep a small mother when I am only doing 2 may be 3 plants in 7-10 gallon cloth bags? I have a few extra lights and a nice big closet for a mother? I need advice! like how do I keep her small and healthy. is a blur mars hydro 125 watt from the wall enough to keep her? what do I feed her? how long can I keep her on veg? ect ect ect…
    like I said any pro tips ….Advice.. life exp....I wanna know about it.
    You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

I'm no pro and all my mothers and seedlings went into flower at 14/10s, so more light less dark than I did.

Comment

I keep my bonsai mothers alive by pruning every 2 weeks and feeding 1/week. I keep mine on the gas lantern routine to keep them from blooming. I prune the roots once or twice per year and replant in fresh soil. Hope that helps.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

what is the
        gas lantern routine ?
        low light?
        You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          An Alternate Light Cycle Known as GLR GLR refers to a light schedule known as Gas Lantern Routine. The mythology around this system supposedly dates back to farmers whose crops were being raided by nocturnal pests and they would go out at night with gas lanterns to chase them …

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Toker1 I'll have to try GLR with a few plants, interesting and thax for the link!

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem. Yeah, it’s really helpful. Especially for heat control in the summer months. And you don’t even need a full powered grow light to break up that darkness period with the 1 hour on. I even use the technique in my flowering tents during the summer. Here is what I do... I put my grow lights on 12-12 and stick a small cfl bulb in the tent that comes on for 1 hour per day in the middle of the darkness period. When I want them to flower, I turn off the cfl bulb and they just take off.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X