germination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

germination

have two seeds and been told not to plant into soil or jiffy pots, how do I germinate them ??? Ellie

you should put the seeds in a water cup for 24 h
    then put the seeds In a wet paper towel for 24-48h

Comment

You can skip the cup of water. Put it in a wet folded paper towel for a day or 2. Just keep wet. Or skip the paper towel and leave in a cup, either way works.

Comment

• ugoboss75
        ugoboss75 commented
        Editing a comment
        i didnt know it was possible to leave the seed into the cup to germinate it. thanks for the tip

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any time. Germination is basically just wetting the seed until the "tail" pops out, pretty much any method should work as long as the seeds don't dry up.

Everyone has their own method. I drop them in a shot glass of water on a heat mat for 20-30 hours until they start to split open then straight into a solo cup of soil, water it in then cover with saran wrap and placed on a heat pad under a cfl bulb in a desk lamp. Then it's just a matter of burping the cups for about an hour 2x a day to prevent mold. They're almost always out of the ground about 72 hours or so from being in the package as long as I keep the temps right.

Comment

I had germination issues until I started this method (thank you Farmall for the video) and now am 99.9% germinating

- 24 hours in a shotglass of PH'd water
        - Put the soaked beans and the water from the shotglass into papertowels
        - Put the paper towels into a gallon zipper plastic bag
        - zipper it almost closed and blow air in it to make a kind of terrarium
        - 24/36 more hours in a warm dark place

and presto - sprouted beans ready for soil or peat pellets. Never fails - in fact they have been sprouting fast and growing in the papertowels!

Comment

I germinate by placing seed between my cheek and gum, staying away from overly acidic or alkaline liquids until seed cracks. I'm gonna start a couple next week, I'll take a pic.

Comment

Lol I just put them in a soaked rock wool cube put the cube inside a ziplock bag then rest it on top of my DVR so it’s heated. Few days later once they pop out I throw them in my cloned box and keep them with high moisture or they dry out and die. I just made a couple post on that in my living soil post a few days ago. The seedlings are up one died so I replaced it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X