Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One 4000w spider farmer led or four 1000w spider farmer led.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One 4000w spider farmer led or four 1000w spider farmer led.

Before I get into my question let me post a little bit about my room and what I'm growing so you get a better idea of what type of light I should use.
    I'm doing a garage grow. I'm in the midwest where it gets pretty cold in winter and hot in summer. Inside an insulated garage I have a 3x4 closet. 8 foot tall ceilings. I've created a wire grate removable flooring one foot off of the ground. The ground of the inside of the closet is wood over the top of the concrete with linoleum on top of that for easy cleanup. I have a heater hooked to a programmable thermostat set for 72 to 79 degrees under the plants. I don't have ac. I have a vivosun Oscillating fan pointing down on the light and seedlings and another fan blowing level with the seedlings. I will be hooking up a 6" inline fan (any suggestions) and carbon filter in the near future but right now I'm not having any problems keeping the room temperature in the norm. I am worried when it gets hotter outside that I may have problems with heat. I've grown in the past in a different area but it's been a decade. I'll be doing auto's in 3 gallon air pots( maybe smart pots if i can afford in the future) . Probably fox farms soil. I'll do 4 or 5 plants and use LST, I usually would tie the plant down to the pot and go around the rim then train to keep them all the same height, maybe a net. Right now I have only veggies growing. I started with 2x2 led commercial regular light and the seedlings actually liked it. Now I'm using that and the spider farmer 1000w. I also hung diamond mylar.
    Now to my question. I am buying lights as I can afford, I just bought the spider farmer 1000w 13"x13" light for my seedlings. Should I buy 3 more 1000w lights and add them as I can afford them or should I save up and buy the 4000w spider farmer?
    My thinking... I'm not in a rush. I wonder if the four drivers for the 1000w are going to be hotter then one driver for the 4000w. I definitely think it would be better for light spread if I could do four lights spread out, one over each plant. I already have the one light so I'd have to buy the 3 which is a few bucks cheaper. I could use the 4000w and my 1000w i have also. Any suggestions on anything are appreciated!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by americanpryde; 04-22-2020, 12:40 PM.

Four 1000w would give you more flexibility if you wanted to separate plants out in the future for breeding, seeding projects or to veg in one area and flower in another area. Not sure about the heat created for 4 drivers vs one driver. Can you run a small AC in the garage if you had to? I have a single SF 2000 in a 2x4x6 tent and it is completely adequate for that space. 4 SF 1000 or one SF 4000 would be plenty of light for your area. I believe 3 SF 1000 would do the job. So you would only need 2 more really.
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

You would be better off with the 4 I would say. Easier to control the spread of light instead of one hot spot in the middle of the closet you could spread them out towards the corners abit. I like their lights and my 1500 draws 160 watts give or take, and needs a fan pointed at it or I can't touch it after a half hour. I think heat output is more based on power draw compared to amount of lights and would be close in terms of heat output between 4 1000s or 1 4000. If I'm not mistaken the 4000 has more than one driver attached. I think you can request extra wiring when you order so you can mount the drivers outside of the tent to keep heat down in the grow area. I have about 800 actual watts in a 4x4 8foot high and I can't really get it below 30'c during the day with a strong exhaust fan going to cold storage or outside and air intake coming from 10 or 15 degree area. With 3 fans inside the tent as well making lots of movement. I would go with the 4 1000 watt lights for flexibility, and ease on wallet of buying one at a time.
      Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
      sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
      4 plants currently under 500w
      2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
      GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
      Happy growing/consuming 🥴
      Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

The 4000 uses 2 drivers so it’s comparable to 2 of their 2000 lights just mounted together. You’ll subtract 2 drivers with the 4000 but I’m not sure that will result in less heat. I agree with everyone that is recommending the 4-1000 lights. Better spread and control over where the light is directed. More smaller boards being driven at lower wattage will create less heat. I’ve found it’s easier to add heat than it is to remove it.
        Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

+1 what every one said , more lights spread out. Get the 4
          *4x2x6 for veg with HLG65 4000k x3
          ​​​​*2x2x4 for mothers with HLG65 [van helsing, master breath, white mo, pineapple express]
          *custom 4x4 closet for flower with HLG260 + 4' T5 (x4) - agromax bloom led x2 + agromax 6400k florescent x2 {440watt totall}
          *8 site clone bucket with 20w cfl
          You never know when you might need a little C4

Comment

Hello everyone, we are looking at buying the spider farmer led lights as well. Looking at getting 2 1000w ones . Are the ones you guys talking about the SF ones? are they the new style like shown in the link below or are you guys talking about another model?
            thanks
            Quantum boards are immensely popular. Previously, HLG was the only company using these boards. However, many brands have now started to offer these boards with Meanwell drivers and Samsung chips. One of our best picks is the Spider Farmer’s SP line. Keep reading to know why! The Spider Farmer SP offers somewhat the same components, quality, and […]

Comment

Madkevin, that looks like ther one I have. Thanks everyone for your input. I just bought my second sf1000w. It seems like it'll have better flow.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Have fun and enjoy the adventure, you got a big grow ahead.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X