Flowering advice please?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering advice please?!

Okay I'm just starting my babies into the flowering stage. I've been advised to trim lower branches to focus bud growth twords the tops. I could really use advise on what and where to trim. This is my first time making it to flowering. Seccond attempt in total. I dont wana mess anything up. Tips? Tricks? Anything is appreciated!

Comment

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      i wouldnt take very much off either plant yet..They look good and airy..try looking down on your plant and see if any bud sites are shaded. Try and tuck the leaves that are shading the rest of the plant. if you cant tuck them out of the way then cut it off...but dont go crazy..

FWIW (I'm on my first grow, day 50), if you don't have many leaves to start with, proceed with caution. If you haven't read the tutorials on GWE, I highly recommend you do: https://www.growweedeasy.com/search-...rd=defoliation

@Canuk147 has also given me some great advice:

"Now - if those autoflowers were mine - I would not cut leaves off the bottom - I would cut 2 leaves off nearer the top. Specifically - 2 leaves that are blocking bud sites underneath - you trim those off and those 2 bud sites you exposed will begin to shoot up with the main cola.

If you do that, and the plant responds accordingly - then trim 2 more that are blocking bud sites underneath - and you are off to the races.

I have cut more than 2 at a time - and the plants look absolutely hilarious - they look naked - but a few days later - the plant makes you look like a genius.

I have never lollipop so not sure about that - but - in my experience, topping doesn't slow the grow down much. Training pisses my plants off and they slow right down in their growing. So if your impatient - keep training to a minimum.
    Good luck growing."

That said, your Sativas don't have that many leaves to start with. Just like mine. I have only taken leaves that blocked flowers or were obviously not healthy. I wish you the best of luck!!!
    Last edited by BR2K; 04-18-2020, 07:16 PM.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Not going to lie, I was having trouble understanding what to cut off as well. I googled a video (a few actually) just to help me understand how to lollipop a little better. Including some pictures of a few of mine, maybe it will help. I can take more if you want. I cut off most of the lower growth, took off most of the big fan leaves (as long as there was a decent sized node growing), and cleared the first 2-3 nodes off each of the longer bottom branches. Basically clean up the bottom and like BR2K said, clear the fan leaves blocking the light especially in the middle. Let me know if you want to see more pictures, those are the best I have right now.
      Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X