soil mixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL soil mixture

I cut some clones to put into my greenhouse this year. They are currently in little seedling pots about the equivalent of a red solo cup. The medium I used was PROmix high porosity peat-based. I want to put them into a 5" square pot before their final destination of a 10-gallon pot. My plan was to use a combination soil and PROmix peat for the 10-gallon pots....is this okay? thoughts? also, should I use a combination when I transplant to the 5" pot or stick with straight peat?

And don't for get the perlite. I think I repot them in the soil your making for you 10gal. Are you going outdoors?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I think the PROmix peat has perlite in it....They are going into a greenhouse on Vancouver Island.

Comment

What percentage of peat and soil? and if I put some perlite into the mix? what does perlite do? I always thought it was just a filler

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Perlite helps your roots immensely - the roots grow for the whole time the plant grows - allows air in when you let it dry out - and lets the roots root around and be happy. Happy roots will grow you big buds.
          I would only transplant once - but I don't transplant at all as I only grow autoflowers.

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          30% perlite

Yes what Canuck says.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm kind of curious why you started in a Solo cup just to move it to a 5" pot? You could have just started in the 5" pot and then you only have to transplant once. Less stress that way. I was doing that too at first. From a one gallon starter pot to a 2 gallon, to the final (5 or 7 gallon) fabric pots. Recently I cut out the middle man and just go from the 1 gallon to the final and it's been working great. Just some food for thought. Happy growing!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X