Looking for the old Jeweler's Loupe Recommendation but couldn't find it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the old Jeweler's Loupe Recommendation but couldn't find it

I almost bought a magnificent but hideously expensive jeweler's loupe. It's got blacklight, LED and is 60X. I remembered someone posted a much cheaper alternative that they swore by. I can't find the post now. Help?
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Amazon has them all sorts of different kinds and digital microscopes some for the same price as some loupes. There not expensive at all I think I paid $15.Can. plus shipping . I'd personally just get microscope for the price difference of the loupe and you'll get a really nice picture I was sad when I bought my 60x loupe with 2 small LED's on the back and saw the microscopes after for the same or a little bit more $. Check it out you'll find what your looking for

Comment

BR2K You might find something that strikes your fancy in this thread. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...eweler-s-loupe

Comment

• BR2K
        BR2K commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the article, thank you!!

Maybe this will help: I say don't bother with all the cheap plastic crap on Amazon. Nothing ever came close to the views I get with a Belomo.
      Click image for larger version Name: Views: 1 Size: 8.3 KB ID: 176442 I'm posting this topic because I figure that if it took me 1.5 years to learn how to use a
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        The Japanese optics of the Nikon are even better. I have both.

• Dieselgrower
        Dieselgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree had some cheap ones. Just got a belomo triplet 10x, had a nice leather case to keep it in. Love being able to actually see

Was it something like this one?

That's what I have and it works really well, just can't do pictures like the USB microscopes.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0019.JPG Views:	14 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	395944https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...arus-and-japan The Belomo, and Nikon tripletts
        Last edited by starramus; 04-16-2020, 04:49 PM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          I posted this almost a year ago. I am somewhat into optics. My trusty 20" aperture Dobsonian telescope by Obsession.
          Last edited by starramus; 04-16-2020, 08:43 AM.

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          That is beautiful!

Originally posted by Willyd View Post
        Amazon has them all sorts of different kinds and digital microscopes some for the same price as some loupes. There not expensive at all I think I paid $15.Can. plus shipping . I'd personally just get microscope for the price difference of the loupe and you'll get a really nice picture I was sad when I bought my 60x loupe with 2 small LED's on the back and saw the microscopes after for the same or a little bit more $. Check it out you'll find what your looking for
        I originally bought the microscope and 1.3 mp digital camera and was so disappointed with the camera that I returned it. However, I was impressed with the Am Scope microscope binocular itself so bought it on it's own. As a Molecular, Cell & Developmental Biology major, I have spent many hours using a light microscope in the labs at school and wanted one that was comparable but without the price tag. This definitely met my expectations. The first microscope I purchased had obviously been bought and returned before. It did not impact performance, just something I noticed due to the way the second microscope I bought was packaged. I had to attach the lenses as they were not already attached, and had to clean some lubricant off some non-moving parts, but it was totally worth it.

Comment

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the information. Subject matter experts are ESPECIALLY welcome here!!!

I noticed your link only went to the "8 Best Digital Microscopes to Capture the Most Amazing Images (Spring 2022) Source: https://theoptics.org/best-digital-microscope/" article.

Is the top one your choice?

Hi BR2K. I have a jeweler’s loupe but I really like this. Fits perfect on my iPhone.
        Photo Grow: 2 Strawberry Cough
        Manifold Training
        4x2x6 Grow Tent
        (2) ViparSpectras 450W LED
        AC Infinity Cloudline T6 & Carbon Filter
        Extra Fan, Humidifier
        FFOF Soil
        FF Trio Nutes
        Temp: 80* RH: 50%
        Well Water Adjusted to 6.5 ph

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X