First time grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL First time grow journal

Hi all! After months of research and lurking I decided to take the plunge and start my first grow. I've done a fair amount of research and had been hesitant to start as it seemed overwhelming with all the info out there. But I had some bagseed I was messing around with and as soon as they germinated I said might as well start now. Well here we are in day 53 and they seem to be doing great and I am hooked! I was hesitant to make a journal till I knew for sure the sex since these are just bagseed but it looks like they're going to be girls. I would appreciate any feedback and will post a few pics from early on to where they are now

Type- Soil ( FFOF and a little of Happy Frog)
    5 gallon fabric pots
    Lights- 4-75w CFLs during seedling/ early veg
    . 1000w Mars Hydro TS LED (150w actual power)
    Nutrients- Dr. Earth Organic starter fertilizer (2-4-2) first few weeks of veg
    ​​​​Happy Frog Organic Fertilizer (6-4-5) rest of veg phase
    ​ Plus Alaska Fish Fertilizer ​​(5-1-1)

Good job. Researching before you start pays off, as we can see. May consider a little thinning out of larger shade leaves to open plant up, improve air circulation, and expose lower cola sites to more light.
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Your plants look great - fabulous color.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Great job, healthy plants lucky you for having a green thumb
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for encouragement and suggestions. I was thinking I should prune some of the leaves thanks for confirming. Since they're bag seed I was trying to avoid too much stress cause I read that's what causes them to herm out but makes sense to cut some off to help with light and airflow. Thanks again

Comment

Gave the babies a trim and a little shower with some neem solution before lights out yesterday. No real pest problem other than a some gnats so using the neem and adhesive strips to combat. I could use a more experienced eye to verify sex. I've read Nebulas guide but still would love for someone to confirm I'm identifying correctly

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm gonna say she's a girl.

After pruning and a little LST plants continue to really fill in. Today marks day 60 and started feeding with Happy Frog fertilizer and Alaska Fish Fertilizer. Use 3/4 cup of Happy Frog and add a teaspoon of AFF in 2-1 gallon water containers and fed each plant approx 2 liters of the solution. Used leftover tea and diluted with another 1/2 gallon of water to make foliar spray. Definitely time to add another light but other than that things are going pretty smoothly. Since this is bag seed I grew 6 thinking I would lose half to being male or being hermie so didn't anticipate having 5 at this stage.

Comment

So here we are in the middle of week 12 and plants seem to be doing good. Have been keeping up with my written journal more than here but thought I'd update. So started with 5 plants but gave 1 away. Plants now have 2 of the Marshydro 1000w LEDs. Watering weekly with a compost tea solution of Happy Frog all purpose fertilizer (6-4-5) and Alaska Fish Fertilizer (5-1-1) and bi-weekly top dressing as well. Hope I don't jinx myself but I feel I've been real lucky and haven't had any real problems. 1 plant did get burnt pretty badly after adding new light but raised lights and added bigger fan to closet and plant has recovered pretty well but still lacking behind others. Plants measure about 13 inches with LST so think about another week and I'll be ready to switch to flower!!! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Boy fella your looking real good with the size of them before the flip. What are you going to change to after they begin to flower what bloom fert. if any?

Lol ya luckily have a lil over 6' to work with and plenty of room to space them out. Plan is to continue with the tea solution but going to switch to a mixture of Dr. Earths Flower Girl (3-9-4) and supplement with MorBloom (0-10-10). Will use some of the Flower Girl as a top dressing a couple times during first couple weeks then stick with tea for another 4 weeks before I flush with just water. Seems to have worked during veg so don't want to change things too much

Comment

Here we are in week 14 and things were going great till I snapped a couple of branches doing LST 😥. Other than that the girls seem to be doing fine. Also cleaned up lower branches and removed any big fan leaves that were obstructing light from lower leaves. With LST they are now at about 15" and just finished their first week of flowering. This week they'll get a top dressing with Dr. Earth's Flower Girl (3-9-4) as well as a nutrient tea with Flower Girl and MorBloom (0-10-10)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Snapped a few in my day and will do it most likely this fall. Just taped it up supported grows a knuckle all will be fine. I dig the curl/wave you got going there in pic #4 I used MorBloom many years prior to running out and I got another brand i'm using now. It worked really good for less cost than others. Great job with the grow

Here we grow!! Heading into week 4 and plants seem to look good. Exciting to see the flowers forming and watching the stretch. I've managed to keep them at about 16-17" tall with the widest plant measuring about 26" in circumference. Temps have ranged from 69°-77° and humidity usually in the 40-50% range but would creep up to 55% on watering days.It hasn't been perfect 1 plant suffered from light burn then a couple should some nute burn and also had 1 showing early signs of a potassium deficiency but seem to have been able to manage these problems and hopefully the rest of the way will go by quick

Comment

Start of week 5 and bud growth seems to be going well. Have been maintaining Temps and humidity at the same levels as last post and nothing really new to report except starting to give molasses at each watering. Also sprang for an air pump for AACT instead of the non-aerated tea I was using. Only questions I have is could my buds be bigger at this point or is that dependent more on genetics? Also, at what weeks will I notice the most bud growth?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good thing i read further on your posts i was going to say do you use unsulfurated molasses? Look are long the hairs are really pretty i think they look like normal 5wk old buds. Side view on height might give a different perspective?

Yeah using some stuff called Golden Barrel unsulfured blackstrap molasses. Here's a couple of side views

Comment

Looking good! What do you think of the Mars 1000w? Live up to your expectations? I've been mulling over getting one for my tent since I can now flower in my closet. I was thinking of using the tent as a veg/breeding tent and I believe that light would go well in my tent which is 39x39x70.

Cheers.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have the same size tent canagen for flower and a 30x30x63 for veg. Go ahead start a seperate post for questions about your light and space. Lots of folks here have that light.

• Papapuff559
                      Papapuff559 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So far so good but 2 plants for flowering is going to be max coverage for 1 light. Had to go ahead and get a second one for all 4 plants

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X