New light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New light

Hello everybody I am really new to this I just purchased this light for my 2‘ x 4‘ x 5‘ high grow closet do you guys think this will be sufficient ?

Never heard of that light, but it don't take much to grow a small plant or two, in a closet.
    I'm pretty sure it will do ok.
    GoodLuck with it,
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

30% of the reviewers say the light sucks. Of course there are not a whole lot of reviews. https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...r&pageNumber=1 I always check the reviews before a purchase on Amazon. Apparently this light is new, and a high risk.

Comment

I plan on backing that up with some CFL scattered around the box but thank you for any input

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          Be sure to check out the light thoroughly before the return window closes. Looks like 3 out of the 10 purchasers had problems. Better safe than sorry.

better money would have been spent on a quantum board imo. At the end of the day if you keep growing your best off biting the bullet and getting a good light right off the bat. Then you can fine tune the other less expensive aspects of your grow. trust me i've bought Meinzl 300w, 450w, 600w, autocobs, HLG480 and now I have an Optic Slim600h. The QB light was fine but gave to my buddy.

your light is only 110w

i believe 40-50w per square foot is the range you should be looking for.
        Last edited by Drekthar; 04-13-2020, 04:37 PM.
        3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
        New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
        Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
        5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

My 315W LEC light is about perfect for my same-sized tent. I'd hold off on the CFLs
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Thank you for all the information on the lights but here’s another question I was thinking of starting my seeds in an aero garden for three or four weeks then transplanting into Coco does everybody think this is a good idea or a bad idea ?

Comment

i actually started my second grow in an aerogarden. it works ok but a couple of things to think about:
              1. get them out of there before the roots get all intertwined which happens quickly.
              2. watch out for the heat in the water as it tends to get a bit warm in there.
              3. should add airstones to that.
              4. keep in mind aerogarden is a 17-20 watt light
              5. not sure what there is to be gained from using an aerogarden,

Comment

Don’t know if my thinking is right or wrong but thought the aero garden would speed start the plants up to 12 inches then switch them over to Coco or so that is my thinking thought it would take longer for the plants to grow to 12 inches in coco!

Comment

biggest problem I had was roots we're tangled together. I had 2 aerogardens with 2 plants in each. they will grow quickly in there as they do in hydro under the right conditions.. good luck doesnt hurt to experiment

Comment

Thank you for the advice just waiting on the seeds to come in the mail hopefully they will be here soon and I can start the grow !

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X