Guys....Just.....Thank You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys....Just.....Thank You!

So after planting a bagseed back on December 1st and hoping for the best, I didn't discover this forum until much later. I then spent countless hours reading and studying and making notes, and finally seeking guidance here in the forum.

4 weeks ago I harvested what I thought was a weak, stunted plant with little buds everywhere and a few decent nugs. Final weight was 3g of "popcorn buds" and 16g off of 3 little cones. Final height was about 20".

I saved the trim and infused coconut oil to make hard candy. I didn't have high expectations as I've never made infused candy before and my last attempt with making brownies was a disaster. But HOLY MOLEY. I was so wrong. That trim was good. This candy straight up mimics and/or surpasses what I've purchased in California, Oregon, Nevada, and Michigan. I've made 8 batches and every batch is killer. I've got enough oil left for at least 8 more. Just to sleep every night I was spending around 4K a year on edibles and flower. I haven't calculated my cost to grow yet, but I'm sure it's well under that.

Next, my husband couldn't stand it any longer and after 3 1/2 weeks curing in jars, he broke out the popcorn bud. O M G
    Top five best bowls I've ever smoked.

Regrets: This was bagseed. No idea the strain. Didn't even know this forum existed when I planted it so I had no idea how to clone or I would have been all over that. I made my first purchase of seeds from Seedsman, but they're all Autos so no clones in the next year or so. It will never be the same as this crazy ride. But at least I have 3 fresh gals already 3 weeks in to the next grow.

So thank you all for your patience and guidance. It seriously made a difference and I don't think I'd be telling this story without this website and this forum and it's members.

Ditto šŸ¤  These folk are high class.

Comment

Well congratulations.. best type of stoner is a happy stoner!
      any chance of a journal of your new grow.. Iā€™d like to read along

Comment

• jna313
        jna313 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd love to say I'll document everything, and being a professional photographer with an in-home studio I snag AMAZING pictures of buds and tricomes and all that, but the Quarantine has NOT slowed me down. I work in product photography for Amazon sellers and that's super busy right now. I also work in "livestock" (Kennel) several days a week so I'm busier than ever and don't think I'll have time to document properly.

With this new grow being 3 Autos (Northern Lights, Wipeout Express, and Critical XXL) I don't know that there will be as much to document as my first grow. The tent is already starting to smell, telling me that my little NL Auto plant is starting to move to flower already? It's only about 6" tall! I guess we will see!

that was a great first grow , I use a bud spinner to do finale trim on my buds and I never throw the duff away always save for oil
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Good for you and enjoy the learning and growing, nothing like having your own weed to process.

Comment

Hi jna313...sounds like a great 1st grow! As I've never grown Autos I'd like to follow along with your second if you're so inclined to share with the forum.

I'm new at this but there is nothing like some good weed grown at home.

BTW, would you share the candy recipe? I'm also new at making edibles .
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
          Autopot system
          ā€‹: 1 Scarlet Grapes & 1 Scarlet Sunset ā€‹
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity ā€‹6ā€ w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Idle at the moment
          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X