Here's my 1st Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my 1st Grow

Hi everyone Auntie here with my first grow.

A little bit of backstory: one of my close friends has been growing for a long time, but had to take a pause recently, so he gave me a bunch of his old gear. I inherited the tent, ducting, exhaust fan, plywood platform, and a watering kit (haven’t set that up yet).

I had the tent sitting around for a couple of weeks, and just finally got around to getting the Mars Hydro TS 3000 lights, a Pulse grow monitor, and 9 clones (I paid for 8, but got one for free ).

The strains I’m growing:
    3x Gelato #45
    2x Wedding Cake
    2x Cherry on Top
    2x Sweet Thang

Does anyone have experience with these?

I’m growing them in soil - I used Fox Farm Ocean Forest, a bag of perlite, and a little bit of dolomite lime. I didn’t have enough pots, so I had to wash out some of my old pots and transplant some of my random other potted plants. I really hope I cleaned them well enough not to have introduced any pests.

Here they are all potted up:

Here’s my tent setup:

It’s in my garage behind a big ol tapestry.

I’ve got it venting out to a perfect port that goes outside of my garage into the yard:

Here’s my light & my pulse. Don’t mind the box fan in there, I’m getting a couple of smaller clip on fans in a bit.

And here’s how things are looking:

They’re on approximately 18 hours on / 6 hours off. I still have to fiddle with the timer a bit more.

Some questions - are they going to be okay at ~ 50% humidity and about 70-80F? I’m considering getting a humidifier while my babies are so little.

What do you all think? Any pointers and feedback?

AuntieKush be aware that I think that Miracle grow perlite is enriched with nutes.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Not enough to hurt anything. Like .1/.3/.2 ish. I use it as well. Hard to get what. I need in the winter and this far up north small towns.

I really dig the set up really love the write up. Wish all new growers planned this well 50% is fine don't want it that high in late flower FYI but mine get that high over night lights out but I don't use humidifier just open the tent when lights on and got a standing floor fan to wave a slow " high" as it passes by the door of tent. Yep 18/6 good to go. I use that perilite mixed into my home made soil put it in a tight lid tote stir it around now and then and good to go. I freakin love the wedding cake strains anything cake, cookies, lemons LOL. Now I got some cheese what a trip.

I think just as a caution watch that lime did you use the entire bag? That will burn if not watered really well. Watch for yellowing it will happen quick, flush with plain water. Hey I think it's a fun start and good luck keep us posted .
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Very nice setup and your conditions are good.

Comment

I think you have a very nice set up.. to many plants (for my style of training) but very nice.. you are prepared and well organized I look forward to your grow..
        ocd is a growers friend lol

Comment

Looking really good! Well thought out and all, but to learn from my misstake (im on my first indoor grow too) you will have alot of work later on with that many plants in a tent of that size. I have 8 in about the same space as you and can barely get them out for watering or trimming since they tend to grow into each other and get all tangled.

Good luck!
          Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            Could you water and trim them where they sit?

Hey everyone,

Wanted to update you all on what I’ve been up to.

I was a little worried about my humidity being too low for such little plants, so I put a humidifier that I had around the house in there.

11000×1500 170 KB

The capacity was a bit low and it required refills too often, so I bought a top-fill humidifier instead.

21500×1000 222 KB

I’ve gotta say the little babies are looking much happier! Here’s some shots:

The setup:

31500×1000 266 KB

New growth:

41500×1000 118 KB

51500×1000 90.5 KB

Here’s what things looked like while I was fiddling with the humidity. Seems like it’s paying off though, the plants really seem like they’re taking off.

I’m getting some new fans (to get rid of the box fan) and a couple of inkbirds to really get things nice and tropical in there for my babies.

I guess I should top them once they’re all looking happy? Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Daskahn View Post
            I think you have a very nice set up.. to many plants (for my style of training) but very nice.. you are prepared and well organized I look forward to your grow..
            ocd is a growers friend lol
            Thanks! I'm worried about the number of plants a little bit too...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Well it can be done but it's training them and head space. But you know this if those were mine i wouldn't let them veg more than 6wks do to space width crowding.

• Daskahn
              Daskahn commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with sourbudgal don’t let them veg more then six weeks

Hey ya'll! Auntie here with an update,

So I got some more new gear (again)! I'm starting to think that growing might turn out to be more expensive than smoking! Lol. Anyway, I got some inkbird controllers ($70 on amazon), some cloth pots, clip fans (still looking for some better ones than these), magnet hooks and little metal plates.

The magnet hooks & plates are to hang all of my stuff in the tent. Here's how the inkbirds are hanging. There's a metal plate on the other side of the tent that the magnet sticks to.

It's getting pretty messy with all of these wires everywhere. Any tips on what to do about them?

Here's how my babies are looking. They grow up so fast, it's mind boggling.

And a couple of closeups:

And here's how things are looking. Hint: they're looking pretty good!! Didn't realize growing would be this fun.

They're getting big so quickly. I'm planning on topping them soon. I'm also considering getting bigger pots (5 gallon). They are in two gallon pots right now. When should I repot?

Comment

• JohnEmad
              JohnEmad commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought the same thing about startup costs and cannabis prices but once I had a couple grows under my belt it was very easy to see the quality and quantity grown was well worth it. Not to mention you know who grew it and how.
              peace of mind and good weed.

Well for the pot size I agree you should kick it up to five gallon only because that’s basically the only size I use lol

for your wires use zip ties or bread ties

Comment

• Daskahn
              Daskahn commented
              Editing a comment
              Or even string

• NorthEuropeanGuy
              NorthEuropeanGuy commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi AuntieKush, thanks for posting these updates. It's so useful to see how other people tackle the problems we all face when setting up for the first time. I had problems with humidity which I have now cured using the same InkBird humidity controller that you have. Can I ask the make and model of the data logger that you are using please. I have Goggled Pulse but I can't find one that looks like yours. Stay safe and keep growing. Looking really good

• Daskahn
              Daskahn commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I thought that was the neatest thing I’ve seen in awhile.. I’d also like to know

NorthEuropeanGuy Daskahn It's a Pulse One grow monitor, super cool tool. Provides solid peace of mind while I'm out and really helps me understand whats going in the tent www.pulsegrow.com

Comment

• NorthEuropeanGuy
              NorthEuropeanGuy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the info AuntieKush. From what I can see on their website it is a straightforward WiFi connection with no additional set up / cloud nonsense required. Is that correct?

Hey Auntie! Really nice setup you got! And I learned about both the pulse grow monitor and those inkbirds from reading your log. Might need it. More gadgets to get me broke, but I love it LOL.

Good luck to you and the ladies! And stay safe!
            Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

Get some black cable ties - the white or colorless ones disintegrate when exposed to a lot of light. I keep my power strip secured to the top of the frame of my tent with a pair of cable ties. It helps prevent things from accidentally becoming unplugged, including the strip itself. For sure, you never want anything electrical that isn't meant to get wet anywhere near the floor of your tent. You may also want to get some reusable velcro ties for stuff that may have to come out or be rearranged before your grow is finished.
              Coconut Grove
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
              32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
              Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Originally posted by swegrow View Post
                Hey Auntie! Really nice setup you got! And I learned about both the pulse grow monitor and those inkbirds from reading your log. Might need it. More gadgets to get me broke, but I love it LOL.

Good luck to you and the ladies! And stay safe!

Thanks - love these things. Save me so much worrying when I can just check what's been happening in the tent.

Comment

love those magnet hooks! never seen those before.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X