No announcement yet.

Here's my 1st Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good looking set up you’ve got there for your first grow, a lot more than I had for sure! It looks to me you’ve got nute deficiency (dropping leaves and burnt tips) https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi.../nutrient-burn

Comment

Hi everyone, Auntie Kush here w/ another update!

So first things first, my plants were looking pretty happy and based on some advice, I went ahead and topped them.

This is what they looked like after the top:

I was worried I didn't take off enough. However pretty soon, this was the least of my worries. I go in my tent to check on how they were doing a couple of days later, and discovered THIS:

MOLDDDDDDDDDD

Anyway, I found a recipe for a mold spray (1 tbsp baking soda, 1 tbsp cooking oil, a couple of drops of dish soap to 1 gallon of water) and sprayed my plants after tearing off any affected leaves.

They're looking okay after spraying, but then I went in to check on them 12 hours later and the tips were all greyish/brown on a couple of the plants. I realized that I made the spray way too strong. I used 1 quart of water rather than a gallon.

I was worried when i noticed, but they've since bounced back. I plan on spraying once a week (with a more dilute spray) to prevent the mold from coming back.

Here's how things are looking:

I dropped my RH a bit (from about 65% to 60%), bumping up my VPD from around ~1.0 to about 1.3. The line is jumpy because of the controllers ticking on & off. The plants are a bit bigger, so they can probably tolerate it.

I've been a bit busy, so I'm trying to catch everyone up. More updates to come!

Comment

How your air circulation? I just think that mold is usually due to air circulation

Comment

Dayum, Auntie don’t play!
          If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Originally posted by Daskahn View Post
            How your air circulation? I just think that mold is usually due to air circulation
            The air circulation can be better. I've got some more fans on the way!

Comment

Hi All,
              Auntie here with another update.

Plants are looking happy after topping. Interesting to see how the leaves turn out after being cut, and to watch all of the new growth!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1 post topping.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	400248

I got a spray bottle from home depot for my anti-mold spray. Definitely beats having to use a spray bottle and only $10. Highly recommended.

Name:	2 spray gear.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	400249

Before spray:

Name:	3 pre spray tent.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	400250

After spray:

Name:	4 all wet.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	400251

I also set up a new drain hose. I think I got too big of a hose, I might have to look for some sort of fittings and adapters. It sure does make watering easier. I had to get a bit of a siphon going to get it started, but I just put the end submerged in a container outside of my grow, draining into the earth once the container overflows. I might have to get a little pump because I don't want to keep having to re-start the siphon. Will post more details next time I water. Letting them get a bit dry now.

Name:	5 hose.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	400252

Things have been looking pretty good in the tent lately. The jerky lines are from the exhaust fan coming on and the air changing over. Pretty happy with my averages! 76F, 60% RH and 1.3 VPD.

Name:	6 smooth sailing.png
Views:	198
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	400253

A question for you guys - some of my leaves look like this:

Name:	7 whats going on.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	400254

Is this something serious? What's going on here?
              Last edited by AuntieKush; 04-30-2020, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Been under the weather last few days. Finally feeling better and got around to fixing the pics in my last post. Anyway, I've got a new update coming soon! Most of the plants are looking great. One of em is not doing so hot though.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicMike66 View Post
                  Good looking set up you’ve got there for your first grow, a lot more than I had for sure! It looks to me you’ve got nute deficiency (dropping leaves and burnt tips) https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi.../nutrient-burn
                  It helped to inherit a bunch of gear from my friend!

Comment

Hey Ya'll,

Auntie here with a quick update.

So when I was under the weather, I didn't tend to my babies quite as well as I should have, and they got a bit too dry, or perhaps I didn't do a good job watering one of them. Spot the problem child:

Here's a closer look:

Poor baby:

I'm gonna give her a bit of extra water and hope she perks up!

The rest of my girls are looking great though:

More updates coming soon!

Comment

Just out of curiosity do you have a pet?
                      possibly field mice... I only ask because I was looking through your photos and noticed signs of nibbles.. I would usually assume something like a small bug which is always a possibility but I’ve known small pets to also like to nibble plants then per on plants which causes the exact same symptoms the one plant is having.. if that’s the animal or bugs favorite plant.. a good flushing I would assume would solve the problem.. but that’s just an observation of mine..

Comment

Just out of curiosity do you have a pet?
                        possibly field mice... I only ask because I was looking through your photos and noticed signs of nibbles.. I would usually assume something like a small bug which is always a possibility but I’ve known small pets to also like to nibble plants then per on plants which causes the exact same symptoms the one plant is having.. if that’s the animal or bugs favorite plant.. a good flushing I would assume would solve the problem.. but that’s just an observation of mine..
                        No pets that ever come close to the tent lol. Could you point out where you see signs of nibbles?

Comment

Picture #21 right in the middle the two leafs to me it looks like something nibbled the ends off unless you did that intentionally.. I could be wrong but that was over a week ago so it’s probably ok by now

Comment

Hi Ya'll,

Auntie here w/ an equipment update! I've been pretty excited to share this. I got a bit of new equipment, and totally re-did my tent setup. Things are SO MUCH BETTER. Check it out:

1. I got a carbon filter, and the correct sized exhaust hose (6").

The hose now perfectly snaps into this exhaust vent that was already on my garage, sitting flush with the grate, with no additional hardware, tape, etc. It has great flow going directly outside.

​2. I moved all of my controls outside of the tent. It definitely feels like the right way to have things set up, it's much easier than having to dig around in the tent to set things up, it removes some light pollution from the tent, and it looks cool. Love it.

3. redid my fan setup, and moved where my pulse grow monitor and my controller sensors are. I've got 4 fans in there now. Two oscillating and two non-oscillating.

4. also moved around some of the electrical cords, so things are much neater. Still not amazing, but way better than they were.

Seems like it's paying off a bit. My VPD has been much more stable after all this work, except for when the humidifier ran out of water. Oops!

Comment

Picture #21 right in the middle the two leafs to me it looks like something nibbled the ends off unless you did that intentionally.. I could be wrong but that was over a week ago so it’s probably ok by now
                              Ah - i think that's from when i topped the plant.

Comment

• JohnEmad
                                JohnEmad commented
                                Editing a comment
                                awesome setup. looks well organized and quality components.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X