Can you have too many bud sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you have too many bud sites?

They’re each growing at a little different speeds, but still plenty of room to spread out. But it’s beginning to look like an awful lot of bud sites. Is that ok or should I prune a certain % off?

Thanks.

I'd only get rid of any that won't grow up to the net. With that many potential colas, you won't need popcorn. Well done!
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Plant looks great! As long as you're getting light on the bud sites you are good to go! You look like you have enough light so you should be in good shape!

Comment

Thank you both, I appreciate it. This is my 4th go at it. I’ve pretty much jacked everything else up in one way or another, but a great learning experience. I’m growing in coco coir so it has taken a few tries.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't get a pic off that site big enough is that one plant? Only thing with so many bud sites crowded is littler buds and need to have air flow under canopy so no mold forms. I would remove the very small branches that look weak and open the center so light can reach. Good luck
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Your plants look good, that’s a start. To fully answer your question we need to look at the resources available to the plant. Every bud site is going to consume the resources you provide so to answer your question, yes you can have too many bud sites but wether or not you have too many bud sites depends on the resources you’re providing the plant. Every living thing on earth needs energy and we all thrive when we receive more energy than we expel in the process of consuming that energy. Your plants consume energy through Light, Water, Oxygen, Minerals, and Heat. All of these factor in the proper balance of resources that your plants need to be the best versions of themselves that they can be. The more bud sites you develop on your plants the more of these resources they need to consume. A big plant with numerous bud sites in a small pot under average light will flower off to be an average plant because its resources were limited by pot size and available light. How much light are you giving them/ How many actual watts is your light? How big are your pots? What medium are you growing in? Is it organic super soil or are you adding nutrients? If you’re adding nutrients what is the concentration of your feed?How often are you watering? What are the conditions of your grow environment, temperature & RH? The answers to all of these questions will define what resources you are providing the plants and answer your ultimate question as to wether or not you have too many bud sites. Growing weed is easy, but growing a lot of really good weed takes a little more effort...
            Last edited by Obi-Wan; 04-10-2020, 08:40 PM.
            Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

So here’s my setup:
              3x3x6 tent
              1000w LED
              3 plants, all gdp, growing in #5 air pots (first time using them)
              medium is ~2/1 coco/perlite mix
              using GH product line
              74/52% temp/RH
              2 fans-1 above and below the canopy

I feed every other day, with an EC of ~1300 and pH at 5.8-5.9. Days in between I just use plain pH water. This has been ok so far, but they’re drinking more now so I’ll have to adjust somewhat.

My wife has cancer and had to start chemotherapy again, so 2/3 of this goes to her for butter and whatnot; the remaining 1/3 I’ll keep for me. Not sure if that clears up anything.

Comment

• Jordann
                Jordann commented
                Editing a comment
                What's the actual brand of led light so I can search what power it actually uses. They look healthy though.

I bought a new light and it seems to have made a difference. I went cheap first and it showed. New light is California Lightworks solar system 550.

Comment

Watch the distance from your plants best to raise it higher till they get use to it.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I think I definitely had it too low. Right now it’s about 30” above the canopy and I’ll see if I need to adjust in a couple of days.

thanks again

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X