No lateral branch growth during veg stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No lateral branch growth during veg stage

Hi team, I am desperate for advice. I have searched for answers all through this and other sites with no luck. I am attempting to grow feminised white widow seeds. Seeds cracked with no issues and then placed in seedling grow tent under fluro globe. Seedlings growing fine no issues then placed in big system at about 6". System is flood and drain and using 2 x 600 watt HPS globes 18/6 for veg. Using The Professor as nutrient and starting off with half recommended dose. Balists are digital and are set to 250 watts initially with gradual increases over coming days until reaching full strength after 7 days aporox. Normally from here growth is rampant. Important to note that HPS globes are new. Plants grow very slowly and resemble bonsai style. Leaves on top of leaves with very minimal to no lateral growth at all. Photos taken are at about 30 days in main system. Have tried diff seeds from different suppliers and different breeders. No idea whats hapoening. Have used this exact system for at least 4 successful grows. Please help me. What am I missing?

Rather odd. Can you give me some info on environmental conditions in your grow?
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

What would you like to know? Im not very experienced so please excuse my ignorance. I have had a few really good grows in this exact environment. I only have one oscilating fan in the room which would ne about 2.5 by 2.5 total area. I use a carbon filter during flower but at no othee time and no other ventilation in the room. Any clues? Im watering 15 mins every hour using the professor at about 50 percent dosage

Comment

Temps, humidity. I'm an RDWC grower with a little experience using coco and F&D but not with just hydroton in f&d. Aside from environmental conditions, the other major factor would be strain specific.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space

Comment

Im actually not measuring temps and humidity, or ph at this stage. As I havent had any issues up until now I havent seen the need. But I guess its time to look into it all. The room can get quite hot on warm days for sure. What do you mean by RDWC? Still a novice here I have a lot to learn.

Comment

I'm currently growing white widow as well and it is taking its sweet ass time. I have a mango haze half its age that is about to surpass it.

Comment

Yes some tend to grow slower than other strains. But its the lack of lateral growth that im getting that is the issue. Theres simply no branches. Its like a bonsai plant and its occuring with different strains. Im lost for ideas.

Comment

Is this WW an auto? I cant really see in the pics well, is it flowering? Where is the seed from?

Comment

I recently read something about issues with one of the new lines of bulbs... blue something...sorry, I don't use hps...but the apparent issue is that the bulbs are weaker and a different spectrum than the older model they are replacing....just what I read on a couple other forums...

My own plants, I have purple punch going. Seeds sprouted Feb 21. The ones in soil are a foot tall with no branching. The one in hydro is a bush, and massive compared to her sisters. Same room, same lights...
                  ​​​​​​
                  wish I had a good answer for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Yanus View Post
                    Im actually not measuring temps and humidity, or ph at this stage. As I havent had any issues up until now I havent seen the need. But I guess its time to look into it all. The room can get quite hot on warm days for sure. What do you mean by RDWC? Still a novice here I have a lot to learn.
                    I'd really suggest you check those. Another thing that will help any diagnosis would be some pics under white light-not the yellow hps lamp. DWC are single container buckets while RDWC is multiple containers plumbed together with a circulation pump.
                    WHAT???
                    5x5 grow space

Comment

• Yanus
                      Yanus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ok then I guess that makes me RDWC also. Love the system and it's simplicity. I knew the day would come when i would need to up the effort and measure it all. i guess it's now. I really appreciate all the info from everyone in this thread. I knew i was in trouble when I couldn't fine one similar pic or story anywhere online. The last thing you want to be is anomaly.

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
                    Is this WW an auto? I cant really see in the pics well, is it flowering? Where is the seed from?
                    No it's not an auto just feminised WW and we are 4 weeks into veg. seeds from Seedsman.

Comment

Originally posted by HighDesertRat View Post
                      I recently read something about issues with one of the new lines of bulbs... blue something...sorry, I don't use hps...but the apparent issue is that the bulbs are weaker and a different spectrum than the older model they are replacing....just what I read on a couple other forums...

My own plants, I have purple punch going. Seeds sprouted Feb 21. The ones in soil are a foot tall with no branching. The one in hydro is a bush, and massive compared to her sisters. Same room, same lights...
                      ​​​​​​
                      wish I had a good answer for you...
                      Ok I haven't heard about te globe issue. that's very interesting because I'm using 2 new 600 wat HPS at the moment. As i've had 4 good grows before this issue using the same system and variables, it's really done my head in.

Comment

If you can get in the close to the stem take some leaves off below the top canopy light isn't getting to the bottom anyways. Taking the main leaf off where a branch would grow usually gives the branch a boost. Good to thin that girl out anyways. Get some light down towards the little ones that are trying to grow out might help them get started.
                        Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
                        sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
                        4 plants currently under 500w
                        2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
                        GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
                        Happy growing/consuming 🥴
                        Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Yanus
                          Yanus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Excellent idea thank you very much. I'm going to persist with this.

• Jordann
                          Jordann commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yep keep it going. But I've never really seen one grow like that. If you could get some CFLs down and beside the plant not above might promote sideways growth as well.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X