Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL When to Trim Autos

Hey everyone,

I've got two autos about to flower. On week 4. I did some LST on them and each plant has about 10 strongly defined primary bud sites, but because of the LST there isn't much height between nodes or much separation between bud sights. It's my first grow so the goal is healthy plants that survive until bloom and not supermax yields yet.

If this were a regular plant I'd wait until flowering is more defined and if any stretch occurs and then start removing some unnecessary fan leaves and lower growth.

With these being Autos I am not sure if material removal will hinder the plant or not. What do you guys think, to trim or not?

Im also on my first auto grow. I have been removing fan leaves that shadows bud sites along the road, not to many at a time but some every week here and there. Plants seems to be thriving but if I will have more / less buds in the long run Im not sure.

Hope this helps!
    Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

I dont trim them at all until they are in bloom and the stretch is done, when the plant puts out pistils on all branches I think the stretch is over and will trim the rest of the time I pull the branches outward to open her up
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• swegrow
        swegrow commented
        Editing a comment
        I will keep this in mind, Thanks!

With autos I remove unproductive growth and expose bud sites throughout grow. Just personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokemokeley View Post
        Hey everyone,

I've got two autos about to flower. On week 4. I did some LST on them and each plant has about 10 strongly defined primary bud sites, but because of the LST there isn't much height between nodes or much separation between bud sights. It's my first grow so the goal is healthy plants that survive until bloom and not supermax yields yet.

If this were a regular plant I'd wait until flowering is more defined and if any stretch occurs and then start removing some unnecessary fan leaves and lower growth.

With these being Autos I am not sure if material removal will hinder the plant or not. What do you guys think, to trim or not?
        looking so fresh and good ...

Comment

Originally posted by quirk View Post
          With autos I remove unproductive growth and expose bud sites throughout grow. Just personal preference.
          okay its looking fine and healthy growing to me.

Comment

Personally, I would try to tuck leaves on autos, instead of removing,especially on young plants, don't take much leaf removing to slow them down, big difference in photos an autos, photos ain't near as finicky as autos.
            But on most of my grows, with autos, I remove damn near all the leaves, on the colas, 2-3weeks before harvest,
            HappyGrowing
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X