Ventilation Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ventilation Questions

I'm looking to set up a 3x2 grow tent in my living room. The living room itself is 16 feet x 14 feet with a huge opening into the dining room/kitchen. It's a condo with a fairly large opening to the rooms. So i would say the entire room is 26x25. Now my set up would have a 4 inch carbon filter and a inline fan. Running duct work outside is out of the question. My question is. Can i exhast into my living room area? Exhast would run straight up and out. I would also have a small intake fan. Would exhasting make my condo hotter? I would be using 600w cob led. Thank you for any info.

Yes you can exhaust into your living space. any time you add an electrical appliance there will be some heat generated, but i would say your heater/a.c. will keep your condo whatever you've got it set at.

Comment

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. I think that as long as the a/c system in your condo can handle the thermal load from the fixture you use it'll be fine.
      You can reduce the thermal load you inject into the space by using a more efficient light source.
      HPS lighting will need 250-300 watts to adequately light that area.
      Same goes for older 'blurple' led fixtures.
      If you use top-tier diodes like qb's or strips you can get the same light level with 180-200 watts.
      So that's almost 1/3 less heat you're injecting into your grow space.

I was thinking of using 600w leds

Comment

What PRIMO said. My set up doesn't vent outdoors. I've found the grow room temp can have a direct affect on the temps inside the tent, but the tent exhaust doesn't have much affect, if any on the grow room temp, if that makes sense. For instance, I try to maintain a grow room temp of 70 F. I am using an HLG Elite 600 LED, with the grow room temp of 70 its easy to maintain a consistent temp inside the tent of 78-82 with the light on. Because the exhaust fan runs 24/7 the night time temps will even out to whatever the grow room is set at. In my third grow, it's worked for me so far. Good luck.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Is there some reason to think that the filter/fan will prevent the room from smelling? Even with a carbon filter there is smell. I spose it depends on how many plants but your house will smell. Amiright?

Comment

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          I have 11 plants in my tent right now, 4 are within two weeks till harvest, and as long as my tent is closed there is no smell. Granted i am running a fairly large system..but that was the whole idea. BUT, If i have to open the tent and interrupt the negative pressure in there..the filter cant do its job and she starts to get smelly pretty quick.

yes, your right, even with just 1 plant in the tent, the house is going to stink, once the plants are in full flower mode.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the smell and it's stinky good at our house. Can't have company over WTFCares

If ya'll get a decent carbon filter there will be no smell til you open your yurt.

Comment

Smell isn't to much of a factor. I smoke in my house all day everyday. I do have plenty of windows and patio will be right next to the tent. I was thinking of starting with no carbon filter. Maybe add it later if the smell is to strong. Or need more venting.

Comment

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            Well shit!...if you smoke in the house...your gonna love the smel of your tent lol. You dont need to filter unless you dont want someone to smell it. One question, how is your heating/cooling system set up in the condo? Is it a forced air system? does each unit have their own heating/cooling system? Just wondering if your gonna blow your sweet smelling grow into all the other condos? If my tent is open and the furnace kicks on, it sends the smell to every corner of the house.!

You'll be fine up til flower, when they begin to smell they go into full stank real quick. Get a carbon filter mounted and ready so all you gotta do is hit the switch, cause you're gonna need it. Problem solved.

Comment

I have baseboard heating throughout. And i have 2 ac units. Worse comes to worse I'll get the carbon filter. For now i just want to start. It's legal where I'm from, but i am trying to be good tendant. Lol

Comment

even with the carbon filter, it's going to stink!!! good luck, and enjoy!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X