Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting

Hey guys help me out. Got a grow shed that i can fit a good say 9 to 12 plants. How many and what wattage of led lights would be best used for good coverage?

hi sae,

going by what i have, for your space i'd suggest 3 fixtures of 315W ceramic lights. 3 or 4 per plant.

yes, that is almost 1000W, but the ceramic bulbs have an advantage with (full) spectrum and have a decent lifetime.

I came from LED, but the ceramic bulbs have won me over.

LED, i'd look into the 600-1000W range for 3 to 4 plants. can be expensive to buy upfront but they do last long.
    (if looking at power draw at the wall, look in the 300-500W range, per fixture)

I wish you success with what you decide to go with!

FDP
    GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
    2x CDMH 315W lights
    870m3/hr fan
    8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

Thanks for the info FlyingDutchPaddy!! Im kinda stuck with leds cuz i have 2 1000w, 2 600w, 2 300w an like a 240w. My space is like 8' wide 6' deep an 6' tall so im kinda boggled in how to use what i have an set them up in most efficient way possible an also which ones to use.

Comment

• FlyingDutchPaddy
        FlyingDutchPaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Gbauto's advice below is the calculated way to go.
        purely based on what you have above, I'd put it in this way along the width starting left -> right.

1000 - 2x 600 - 1000

Originally posted by SAE View Post
      Thanks for the info FlyingDutchPaddy!! Im kinda stuck with leds cuz i have 2 1000w, 2 600w, 2 300w an like a 240w. My space is like 8' wide 6' deep an 6' tall so im kinda boggled in how to use what i have an set them up in most efficient way possible an also which ones to use.
      Best suggestion I can offer would be to add up the total ACTUAL wattage your fixtures consume and divide that total by 50(watts/sq ft) to give you the amount of area YOUR fixtures will flower.
      Then you can an idea of how much light you'll actually need.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X