Dry KoolBloom - General Hydroponics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry KoolBloom - General Hydroponics

Does anyone here have experience with this supplement? I've got some from a friend of mine and will use it in two weeks or so for late bloom/ripen.
    Read somewhere that people need to be careful with this product because it tends to raise EC like hell. I've seen people add powder to their nute water by adding the powder to another bucket with heated water - by that you'd dissolve entirely the powder and then add it to the nute water bucket. What'd you recommend?

GH site says 0.25 tsp per gallon but I know that their proportion is too high. So 1/2 or 1/4 of the original dose?
    Should I use it only for one week (ripen) or for late bloom as well?

Thanks

anyone????

Comment

What is your growing medium? The feedchart I have from GH says to use 0.5tsp/1gal that's for a recirculating system, I was referencing this chart for my DWC. I would use 0.25tsp/1gal and only use it the last feed before you flush, I've never used it but that's what I would do. I ordered Ripen from GH which I believe is similar to DKB but it has different feeding instructions.
      4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
      GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow
      I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

the GH feedchart says 0.5tsp , 1 tsp=5ml
        so, how much does 2.5ml of this weigh?

i have something called monster bloom (0-50-30) and Grotek advises: 0.1g / L
        I use it at 3/4 strength, for 25L water i use roughly 1.9g of it.
        only raises ppm by about 200 as used above iirc.

and that stuff (small greenish crystals) dissolves right into cold water, no need for hot water or anything.
        turns the water purplish in color.
        GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
        2x CDMH 315W lights
        870m3/hr fan
        8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

• NickyChicks
          NickyChicks commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think there is a need for weighing DKB, a tsp measuring spoon would probably suffice.

I'm using coco with some perlite. I have four plants entering the last 2 weeks of flowering and I'm probably adding the DKB in a week or so (ripen).
        I'll use a measure tsp for that, no need to worry. Specially because I'm feeding them for 4-5 gallon every feed (the sum). I'll have to add something between 1 - 1.5 tsp of DKB in total.
        That's what I thought; I won't use 0.5 tsp per gallon, probably 0.25 tsp per gallon.

Comment

And then comes the flush right after (read that when using this product a flush is necessary).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X