trichome 2nd opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trichome 2nd opinion

i've got 2 plants getting close...8 1/2 weeks into 12/12 as of today. tried to get some decent photos with loupe + iPhone, but it aint easy. i'm seeing maybe 1/2 cloudy on white widow and maybe mostly cloudy on super lemon haze? looking for some input from you folks with lot's of experience. thanks!

I don't see any amber. If it was me, I'd wait. You may want to check out the link.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/make-bu...more-trichomes
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I only see few milky mostly clear I get anxious also at this point if you can wait 7 more days. Good Luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

First off - great pictures and that looks like the end of a really nice grow.

The WW looks sort of clear to me. The SLH is ahead for sure. Neither strain is in what I consider in the harvest window just yet. I think some folks would say you are maybe just entering if you like an early harvest. I do think it is time to start thinking about your finish. Water. Molasses water. Whatever your flush is. (assuming you are in soil and feeding them with nutes) My guess is between 10-20 days and you'll be chopping.

Post more pics this weekend - please!

Comment

thanks guys. i've read through all the good articles here and around the web. the biggest trouble for me is i really can't tell what i'm looking at through the loupe...hard to tell if they are 1/2 cloudy or all clear...seeing amber is a bit easier, but deceptive with reflections and what not. i'm planning on waiting at least another 10 days so seems in line with what you are seeing. thanks!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Another good way to tell, is when those trichs start falling over from the weight inside the heads,
          Whatever you do, try not to harvest early, or you'll be disappointed.
          When you think she's ready, wait another week or two.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Ambient light does play tricks on the trichs. I find a shaded area in the sun. No direct light from anywhere.

• MagicMike66
          MagicMike66 commented
          Editing a comment
          I find taking off a small cutting and looking at it on a flat surface under good light gives the best result. You want to harvest when they’re amber and when this happens you can’t really miss it.

Man I feel your pain it's harder and harder to gage it as our eyes get more sensitive and older. But like everyones said give it another week. Wished i'd worn sunglasses on a regular basis when I was younger, never thought about it back then

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

appreciate all the replies...you all are helping me convince myself to wait till next weekend. here are some updated shots from today. tomorrow will be 63 days into 12/12. all the trichome shots are buds at the top of the plants. let me know what you think. Thanks!

Comment

• golfnrl
            golfnrl commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome pics. Those are some great looking plants. I think you will be glad you waited. Those thrich's are looking really good. Great looking grow!

• billyboy
            billyboy commented
            Editing a comment
            That last pic there is purple in the triches. Never saw that before. Very cool.

How are you getting the pics? A lupe?

Clouding up and waiting on the amber :-)

• JuanHondo
            JuanHondo commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks guys. photos are iPhone10 + Belomo 15X loupe

If you click on one of the pictures and zoom in I seen 1 Amber so week or two then let dry then cure

Comment

thanks everybody. what i'm seeing is 1/2 to mostly cloudy...a few ambers on white widow and a bit more on super lemon haze. plan is to chop next weekend.

Comment

Today is 67 days into 12/12. I think it's almost time. Last night i gave 1/4 strength bloom nutrients and molasses. turned the light down to 80% also. what say you?

Comment

• golfnrl
                golfnrl commented
                Editing a comment
                Those are beautiful plants. For this stage of the grow they look like they are in great shape. I see some amber in those trichs...waiting has paid off? If it were me I'd wait, but not too long, maybe a couple more days. But what a great looking grow. Bet it makes some nice smoke.

golfnrl thanks for the compliments. This is my 3rd grow and definitely the best looking plants so far. I still feel like they are a bit light burned...and the SLH biggest bud looks like it has some small foxtails and continues to shoot out white pistils...but, i've also read that is "normal" for Haze strains. Debating now whether to chop this weekend or mid next week...pumped about having this stash for summer.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful JuanHondo, if they were mine i'd quit the bloom and flush last water dry them out a few days, wacky wacky excellent looking, well done.

• Daskahn
                Daskahn commented
                Editing a comment
                I’d wait till next weekend but keep checking daily

• JuanHondo
                JuanHondo commented
                Editing a comment
                i'll probably split the difference and chop next wednesday...checking daily...likely i more water his weekend with molasses only...thanks again for the advice and encouragement!

Nice work JuanHondo If you wanna get a good close up look, you can get a digital microscope from amazon for like $20 Plug it inna laptop and have fun.Click image for larger version

Name:	S20170213_0005.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	393359Click image for larger version

Name:	S20170215_0005.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	393360

Comment

• JuanHondo
                JuanHondo commented
                Editing a comment
                definitely on the list of things i need to buy. those photos are awesome. would you mind sharing what model microscope?

JuanHondo If you go to amazon and enter xcsource 20x800 it should pop up $15.99. There is a learning curve that takes a little practice. Oh yeah, great looking plants,if they were mine i'd give em a couple more weeks.
              Last edited by PRIMO; 04-09-2020, 02:16 PM.

Comment

OK, I think this weekend it is! i see some amber and the plant is just looking "done". still some white pistils (and foxtails) on super lemon haze...but, again, i think this is "normal" for haze strains? any final words??

Comment

So JuanHondo my eyes like the most of us aren't what they use to be. But i'm seeing a mix of everything. I clipped the tallest cola bud off one of my plants 2 days ago chopped it up it was as fat as a hotdog bun stuck in a paper bag. When I looked at it still was milky no amber but I see amber in yours. If that was mine and you aren't needing the harvest real quick i'd probley give it another 7 days. Chop a good bud off the top I know it won't be cured long mines dry now gonna give it a go this evening maybe. Those some beautiful flowers

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X