Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

600 watt grow TENT electrisity bil arived today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

600 watt grow TENT electrisity bil arived today!

My first elect. bill since my tent set up arrived today!. Surprisingly the bill only went up $20.00 about what a freezer cost to run (totally affordable). My light and vent system has been active for over 30 days. We were concerned about the grow cost. (NO MORE!!)

Funny(well not so funny) story. I got my electric bill after we had been running the tent for over a month (lights and fans to keep heat down) and it was $100 more than previous month. I freaked out. THEN I realized that my one year contract had run out previous month and my rate had skyrocketed. I immediately when online and signed up with a new supplier. Damn, that high usage hit same month that my rate went up. Of course, I went back and found the notice that I had one month left, but since I pay online I don't usually open extraneous mail from them except the bill which comes in a blue envelope instead of plain white. I'm an idiot.

Comment

Over the 6 years I've been growing mine is about $30-$40 per month. That is with all my lights going 1000wHPS 12/12 and 6 tube T5 18/6 and 3 fans.24hrs.

Comment

• Pankace
        Pankace commented
        Editing a comment
        30-40 more than usual? Or are telling me your electric bill is only 30 bucks a month?

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        No is $30-$40 a month more then if I weren't growing.

• Pankace
        Pankace commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol gotcha. You about blew my mind

i don't pay electric bill... its kinda free

Comment

• Mike143
        Mike143 commented
        Editing a comment
        So,just curious,what is "Kinda Free"

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Fucked up company. When I moved in this house the electric meter that the company uses to charge you didn't worked and the electricity was already running. So we didn't do anything about it. A cupple of months later the company showed up like in a random inspection. We explained what happened and after talking to all the neighbors they concluded the meters where all mixed up and in the wrong houses. They said they'd be back with a new meter and I been waiting ever since. Its been 8 months. I don't think they're coming back anytime soon. I don't live in a big city neither in a country under strong governmental surveillance or "pressure" to tell you what to do or not to do. So... its kinda free

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes you just have to be grateful for the small victories.

Originally posted by kingfish View Post
      over the 6 years i've been growing mine is about $30-$40 per month. That is with all my lights going 1000whps 12/12 and 6 tube t5 18/6 and 3 fans.24hrs.
      so, your cost per ounce after expences is?

Comment

Originally posted by dontknownuttin View Post

so, your cost per ounce after expences is?
        $17.50 per oz. That's based on 24 ozs. per year.
        Last edited by kingfish; 10-15-2016, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep in mind that is assuming that you don't have to replace anything.

Fascinating

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X