Soil packed too tight? I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil packed too tight? I need help

Hey guys, this is my first time growing. I’m growing in 5 gal fabric pots and I’m about to switch to flower in a week or two. My problem is I think I packed my soil in way to tight. I pushed it down hard to compact it on purpose and didn’t realize that was probably stupid. Now, every time I water, my plants show signs of over watering. It’s always at the end of the day. They will look good all day long and then the last few hours of the day they start drooping. Is this going to ruin my harvest? Will it get better? Worse? Or is there anything I can do. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks! Btw- the photo I’m posting is from this morning when the plant looks ok. Later tonight it will droop like I overwatered.

I never pack the soil, just let it settle and add more as needed. I water when the pot is lite.
    Lets eliminate this, take a 30X lens and look at the under side of the leaves for bugs.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ya, how do you get them to grow sideways like that, LOL

One of the many great things about fabric pots is the fact you can squeeze them lightly and loosen the soil. Don't squeeze or squish to the point of damaging the roots but you can loosen the soil this way. Your plants look alright. Could the drooping be because of heat buildup? Just a thought. Happy growing!

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys I appreciate it. I’ll def squeeze the sides and loosen it up a bit

Comment

I've noticed the same thing on mine sometimes. Just my thoughts on it but plants droop when they're "sleeping" while the lights are off. I've noticed it on mine whether the soil is wet or dry but it's almost always close to bed time for them when it happens. Could it be the schedule your plants are on and they're just getting ready for lights out? Maybe I'm wrong but it's definitely a possibility that's what you're seeing?

Comment

• duckman
          duckman commented
          Editing a comment
          definitely would not be unusual for the girls to droop as lights out gets close...how can they tell what time it is? I wish I knew. if they're fine in the a.m. it might just be perfectly normal...

You might try aerating with something like a knitting needle, pointy and smooth. any roots it encounters should just slide off to the side. just don't go all Freddy Kruger on it.

Comment

This is why my plant starts to look like later in the day.. It looks good all day long, then it eventually does this.. is that normal? Is it my soil being too packed in or maybe something else? I’m lost lol

Comment

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe I'm wrong but they look fine to me

• Jordann
            Jordann commented
            Editing a comment
            My neck hurts but they look okay

Medina Soil Activator. Problem solved.

Comment

I'm only on my third grow but those plants look OK to me. I have 4 plants going right now. One of them points it leaves up, one of them droops and the others are in between. The one plant of mine that droops seems like it is slow to wake up when the lights go on and it gets a little droopy about evening time. My light schedule is 18/6 0600 to midnight. But, the one droopy plant is keeping up with the others as far as the grow is going. Good luck!

Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
            Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
            Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X