Fox farm nutes after mixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox farm nutes after mixing

I'm starting my first dosing of the Fox Farm nutes for my seedlings. I'm only doing seedlings so am only mixing half a gallon at a time because I can't dose any lower with my measuring tools. All I need is half a quart.
    I mixed my first, yesterday, and had perfect pH. My pH pen is not currently available.
    After I mix the FF nutes, how long will the water stay pH'd and can I mix a day or two ahead of time without the nutes getting affected?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

A day or 2 should not be a problem. I never make more than I can use in 3 or 4 days, max a week. But I'm using general hydroponics feed. If I need to mix any lower or higher, to be exact I use a 10 ml cyringe, pour my nutes in a shot glass and suck it up with the cyringe one teaspoon is 5ml, half is 2.5 and quarter is 1.25 and so on. I just go to the pharmacy and ask for a cyringe for dosing children with liquid Tylenol and such. Cyringe goes from 10 ml down to 1/8 ml. Hope this helps.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I was using a syringe until I found the miracle of measuring spoons. Cross contamination between the number of nutrient bottles used when watering with the GO Box doesn't work well with a syringe. With the spoons I can dip into the bottle for a dose.
      Thanks for the info on your experience. I'm nervous to try because the seedlings I have are the end of my seed supply. I would cry if I hurt them.

I usually mix a gallon of seedlings juice and what I don’t use I give the rest to my wife’s house plants, she has said her plants look good I just smile and move on.
    4x4 flower tent
    sour dream
    Blue Diesel
    Trainwreck
    platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
    Green Dream
    Sour Dream
    blue dream
    Freakshow

Comment

You won't need a mass spectrometer after a few days just your nose to know something is growing in there. Best to mix only what you are going to use. WARNING: Do not lick your fingers during, and after mixing. Big Bloom contains bat guano although be it fossilized. You do not want another of our viral friends to mutate and cause another Covid-20, Covid-21...to ad infinitum outbreak.

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        My warning was, but a jest. Shirley I was jesting. Bat guano might actually be good for you, but I will tell you straight faced I will abstain.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        I know, I know don't call me Shirley.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, no, starramus Your warning was not too far off. I was using PH down for the first time. Blame the THC but I decided to dip my finger in to add just a wee amount. Ten stoner minutes later I licked my finger to open a dog poop bag. Well, amigo, fool myself once, shame on me. Fool myself twice and I'm a dumbass. My mouth tasted funny and my tongue had a little burning sensation for a few hours. Yours was an apropos bit of advice I hope to remember.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X