Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Percentage weight loss during drying

Hi GWE community,
    I read a piece somewhere about getting a perfect dry before curing. The person said that he weighed his buds before drying and again during the drying process. When the buds had lost X% of their weight they were ready to go in the jars. Can anybody tell me what the magic percentage is? It was probably in a post on here but I can't find it now - D'oh!
    Thanks

When the small buds "snap" off the stem but the big buds still bend a little on the stem is when I cut and prep them for jars. There is an estimated weight loss during drying but it depends on how wet they were in the beginning. If you start with a dryish stem and buds and wait for a certain amount of weight loss you may never get there. There are plenty of youtube vids out there.

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      My personal experience is close to 75% +- 5 %. Last plant 213 grams wet and trimmed. Dry weight 50 grams so 76.5% loss

I agree with JohnEmad: you'll lose around 75% of the weight, and you'll see the buds grow smaller like shrinking heads as all the water evaporates. Smaller and denser. Then when you jar them, they'll be around 62-65% RH if they're in the right zone for curing. If the RH is higher, dry em a few more hours.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I agree with all the above
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X