high quality weed vs weed with seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high quality weed vs weed with seed

I have never smoked high quality indoor grown weed.
    In India we usually get low grade weed with seed.
    Whats the difference if anyone smoked both

Right now i am growing auto big devil xl for the first time in life
    While smoking some c grade weed which has seed in it and very tiny buds
    Last edited by nextpablo420; 03-25-2020, 05:50 PM.

If you ever smoke high quality weed, you won't have to ask.

Comment

I will soon

My own

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        its like bitting a fresh tomato after tasting only ketchup your entire life

Huge difference! I have the good fortune to be able to buy it in a store if I need to. But I have smoked it all I'm sure. I've smoked some dirt weed (compressed, seedy and not always decent), top and bottom shelf dispensary weed, decent and not so decent homegrown weed, and really good homegrown. My favorite so far is my own homegrown. Wasn't the best at first but it's gotten a lot better since my first couple grows. Just make sure you pay attention to trichomes and don't harvest too early. Happy growing!

Comment

My current grows are some of the most potent I can remember. I won't smoke a whole joint for fear of being found dazed and confused wandering down an empty freeway.

Comment

You can get good weed both seedy and not.. but the main difference is a plant will focus on trichomes more if it’s not pollenated resulting in higher thc levels..but If it gets pollenated the plant will put a lot of energy toward making seeds.. hydroponically grown seedless weed in general is the highest potency tho

seeds are good for reproduction
        seedless is generally stronger and have higher yields
        hydro= faster growth and in general stronger
        dirt= easier to grow in and give more pronounced flavor
        non trained= faster/shorter grow period
        trained = generally higher yields but at increased grow period

Comment

I have smoked some mighty fine weed from all over the world that was full of seed (that I planted and grew). Yep OZ (4 finger) bags of seeds and sticks with a bit of smoke to sample.

Comment

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's how I got my seeds too, dispensary weed. And every one has been female so win win.

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember getting that same bag lol. Used a record cover & drivers licence to roll all the seeds out of my 2 joints!!

Here's the last seedy ass Lemon Skunk I harvested. It was oozing oil everywhere and sticky as can be. I found at least 8 more droplets of pure, red oil dripping from the outside of the buds on this girl 5-6 weeks after pollination, no telling how much is inside the nugs. I don't believe for a second that pollination negatively affects THC or trichome production.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Lemon Skunk Oily Girl.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	388136

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            FunkyButtLovin my 3 lemonskunk x strawberry cheesecake autos all popped this a.m. and got the dome on them in cups. I don't mind transplanting autos they'll go into 3 gal. tan grow bags I'm so excited LOL

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome! I can't wait to see how they do with different mediums, ferts and training techniques.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Drool!!!!!

And I got a seed from my dispensery buy also, Grand Daddy Purp. second seed I got. I dig bag seed
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            Score!, A nice one to boot. I have a small collection of dispensary seeds, probably about a dozen types. I kinda like getting a few seeds in my mmj but lately I've only been getting 1 or 2 per 1/8th if at all.

Any grower here from India?

Comment

I'm Indian from the heart of Indian Territory but unfortunately not the kind you're looking for. I'm not sure if we have any active members here on the board who live in India. There are probably some lurkers, make a new thread reaching out to them and maybe they will come out in the open or pm you.

Comment

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              Tiny bit of Cherokee here!!

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              We were told we are Cherokee, DNA testing says no
              We were told we are German, DNA testing says no again
              I no longer have any idea what I am genetically (or care), I am me its all I can be! LOL

• Daskahn
              Daskahn commented
              Editing a comment
              If you took a dna test should it tell you what you are as well as what your not?

Where do you live right now?

Comment

• Daskahn
              Daskahn commented
              Editing a comment
              He ment Native American

• nextpablo420
              nextpablo420 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmm hmm

Oklahoma, USA

Comment

I love squeezing a sticky sweet nug to load a bowl & watching a random seed pop out!! I've had some amazing buds with & without seeds.

Comment

• ZigZag
                ZigZag commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll second that one. The production of seed shouldn't affect the THC production but it very well might affect the size and density of your buds at harvest. When they start to produce seed thats where they direct their energy_ to make seeds not buds. No seeds= larger buds, no additional weight due to the seed content as well. I usually get a few seeds every once in a while but its likely due to using regular seeds which tend to hermie more than feminized seeds. I also tend to harvest when there's about 15-20% amber trichomes and the longer you wait the more likely you are to get a few seeds_ last ditch effort of the mother plant to contribute to the next generation_she may produce a "nana' or two which then pollenate a few of the calyx and then you get a few seeds.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I will have to say feminized seed hermie and regular seed make males. Can a regular seed/plant hermie, sure it can but the feminized is more likely to do it.

My experience has been just the opposite but who knows for sure?
              So many different types of stress can cause a female to turn hermaphrodite. And the regular seed stocks I've been using are all F1 generations grown from seed themselves (not clones) which might have had some effect too.
              The grow I just finished was from two cultivars, both of them developed hermies. I started out with 12 plants, had them sexed at 3 weeks and picked 6 females for the grow. Of those six, two developed a few male flower pods. I cut them away immediately and kept a very close eye on them_ checking every day. Then a third plant started to get a few male "pods". For the next few weeks I checked them every day and if any male flower parts were discovered they were removed. No pollen was released because I got the "pods" before they opened. I decided to wait it out and see what happened because I couldn't start another grow until Fall (but who knows_ with this covid-19 I might have time for some extra gardening this season?).
              After a few weeks no more male flowers appeared but I kept checking them. I didn't find any seeds when I cut them up to cure so probably won't find many more. Got Lucky there! I never had such a large percentage of females turn hermie on me but I'm at a loss to say why. All the environmental conditions for this last grow were the same as the last three so I'm thinking it must be a genetic thing more than a environmental one.
              Both of the cultivars shared the same fathers genetics, only the females were different. There are just too many influencing factors and not enough of a sample to determine what likely caused this. I've gotten a hermie once in a while but to have 3 out of 6 plants show signs was very unusual. Guess you never really know what's gonna happen when you start with F1 cultivars as seed stock!
              Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
              liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X