Lights off! Plants under dark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Lights off! Plants under dark.

Hey all! Today my extension board which supplied power to grow tent was fried. I can no longer run lights and fan inside. The exhaust is on. The ladies have been in light for six hours prior to fry up. How long do you think it will be ok to go on like this? My city currently is under lockdown and I am very doubtful that I will find new board so I have to make up something. The plants are in sixth week of flowering.

Thanks for your help>!
    2.5 x 2.5 tent
    Viparspectra PAR600
    4" Fan & Filter
    Coco-Perlite
    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
    1x Cream Cookies
    1x Pineapple Express
    1x Northern Lights
    1x White Widow

Just give them as much light as you can. Unless they are in total darkness, they will be ok. They just won't grow much. When it is time for the 12 hours of dark. Follow the schedule.

Comment

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      Try that for sure_ last grow I had a hermie I put in the garage_it was about 45-50 degrees and only had light for a few hours each day and no direct light. I couldn't believe it lasted more than two weeks before it finally wilted enough to fall over. But you will have to start over with the 12/12 and hope it doesn't put you too far behind_ but better than starting over from the start! Good luck hope it all works out!

Get em in some light and raid the house for a new power supply lol sacrifice anything !

Comment

Even taking them out into a well lit room for the 12 hours of light then back into the tent or whatnot for the dark time. Been there and it's a pain but a week of daylight and dark nights will be okay as long as they don't get much more than 12 of light. Gotta keep on-top of it. Hoping you don't have them in 50 gallon pots and instead something easy to move...
      Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
      sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
      4 plants currently under 500w
      2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
      GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
      Happy growing/consuming 🥴
      Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

Alright, the plants stayed six hours off during daytime for two days but after all I got it work as before. Now the light is being powered by separate outlet and fan and exhaust from another. My assessment is too much power for a prolonged period of time fried the board. Let's see if it works out. Thanks all for your thoughts.!
        2.5 x 2.5 tent
        Viparspectra PAR600
        4" Fan & Filter
        Coco-Perlite
        GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
        1x Cream Cookies
        1x Pineapple Express
        1x Northern Lights
        1x White Widow

Comment

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          good to hear your grow is back on track!

Could’ve even been perhaps not thick enough gauge of wire for the panel you where running. I’m a framer by trade and we never plug our compressor into a standard extension cord always a nice thick gauge one or plug directly into thee outlet, or it will fry the electric motor. Gotta have the thick enough gauge to support the draw of power more or less.

Comment

• herbgrower
          herbgrower commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand that. Actually what happened is similar to what you said however the wire was thick enough but I opened up the fried box. I found the internal wire connecting the plug(light) with supply was melted. Although the board is supposed to handle 1000W+, I think the light plug heated out because very thin wire inside. So now I gave it separate thick gauge three plug extension. I used to run water motor on this. The other board has fan and exhaust, ~100W power draw.

herbgrower i see now. Well I understand now. That’s pretty lucky it stopped functioning instead of starting a fire. Happy growing.

Comment

• herbgrower
          herbgrower commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah man! It literally happened before my eyes! I saw the light flickering and heard a zap. Turned off everything that moment. Thanks for your input.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X