Hermaphrodite??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermaphrodite??

I just started week 13 of my first grow. I'm in the flowering stage and everything was going nicely. This morning I noticed what looked like seeds on one plant's buds (see attached photo). Is it possible that I have a Hermaphrodite? Do I need to remove this plant from my tent ASAP to keep it from affecting the others? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

She is definitely pregnant, so pollen got to her, look all the plants over very closely for hermie balls. Of course if she was outside it could have came from anywhere. An open window for cooling etc..

Comment

Bummer get her out of tent, now it's wait and watch the others
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Bummer. Is there anything I can do to salvage the buds on the hermie or is the plant completely trash?

Comment

You can do whatever you would normally do with your buds. Judging by the frost and seeds looking pretty ripe I'd say you weren't too far away from harvest anyway.

Comment

• Korn
            Korn commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with FBL. Pick that stuff and clean the seeds out. Then smoke it or cook it and eat it.

Find and remove any male flowers, and let er finish out, keep an eye out or more balls.

Comment

Ok, I just inspected all 3 plants and all the flowers are all completely covered in seed pods. Ugh. Is it salvageable? How big of a job is it to pick the seeds out of 3 plants worth of buds?

Newbie confession . . . my wife put 2 orchids she wanted to rebloom in the tent. Is that where the pollen probably came from? I'm guessing that was a huge mistake that I should not have done. Is that correct?

Comment

Hey smd1973 , i dont think they hermied cause of your wifes 2 orchids..unless they were covered in pollen from a male weed plant. Where are your seeds from? Femnized? Bagseed? Has your light schedule been interrupted? do you have a solid 12 hrs of darkness? Any light leaks at all? I wont tell anyone to cull their plants...thats their choice. I had one Hermie in my current grow that was a bag seed..i trashed it because i didnt want to pollinate the rest of my tent. Since yours have all started to seed you can finish them out..or..cut them all and start fresh..
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
              Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
              Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

The seeds were feminized from a seed bank. There were 3 plants in the tent and that’s it.

I was on a solid 12/12 light schedule. There might have been the occasional time that the tent was opened during the dark hours. But maybe 2 or 3 times during the last month.

as for light leaks I leave one of the ventilation panels off the tent so that my carbon filter fan doesn’t suck the tent in too much. The tent is in a dark spot so I can’t believe that there is much light coming in through that panel.

I did trim the plants rather aggressively once flowering started. Could the stress from that have caused the to hermie?

i think I am going to cut them and start fresh. I will have to chalk this up to it being my first time. I did a lot of things wrong on this grow and Hopefully I can get things more dialed in on my next one.

Comment

Why not plant some new seeds and let these finish while the little ones are getting started then you can chop these when they're ready and at least you'll have something to smoke. It's not like the weed is going to suck because it has seeds in it, you just have to pick them out like the rest of us have been doing for millennia. Are you saying you've never smoked anything but sensimilla? If so I sort of envy you man, a lot of us here have dug pounds of seeds out of pot.

Put it on a timer (if it's not) and never open the tent during the dark period. This is one reason why most growers don't allow anyone else free access to their grow room, people get curious or want to show it off for you and don't know, don't think it will affect anything or possibly not even care that it can be devastating to your crop. Maybe your wife was checking on her orchids during lights out and she doesn't want to tell you she did because she knows how much it means to you and she doesn't want you mad at her. She probably didn't do it but you get what I mean.

It is a lot tougher than most people know to get this right indoors and you've done well to get this far, take what you've learned, tighten up your discipline, smoke your mistakes and grow on. We're all here for you. Do you have more seeds to work with?

Comment

• Korn
                    Korn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good advice FBL, seed dope was all you could find on the market in the 70s and 80s. Dry it out good, crumble it up over a tray, let the seeds roll down use the rest. Be sure to clean your tent down before introducing new plants.

• Toker1
                    Toker1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The statement above is completely untrue. The Vietnamese were plucking male parts off their outdoor plants during the Vietnam war. They had plenty of seedless weed available in the late 60’s out there.
                    Not to mention... the weed prior to the 1990’s consisted of land race strains. So late blooming hermi was not even a word in the vocabulary back then.
                    This isn’t the past, it is the present...Toss those worthless seeds away, unless you don’t mind growing hermi plants in the future (the seeds carry too high of a risk to be grown with confidence). Hermi seeds get no love in my garden. been there and done that. I keep my weed top shelf at all times these days. This is a matter of quality control.

Having seeds is not a failure by any means. Learn and grow on, that is the beauty of this hobby.
                  4x4 flower tent
                  sour dream
                  Blue Diesel
                  Trainwreck
                  platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
                  Green Dream
                  Sour Dream
                  blue dream
                  Freakshow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X