Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't find cause of my problems in any other pictures. HELP pls!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find cause of my problems in any other pictures. HELP pls!!!

Hi All, hoping you can help. This is my second attempt at a 4 plant grow. Using ecothrive super soil (same soil as 1st attempt but added eco charge before this one). Had beautiful strong growth and deep green leaves, but they started to turn lighter green, and now many are going red. I've looked through all the different photos of common problems and can't see anything that looks the same. Put some ecothrive 'tea' in a couple of days ago but probably too early to see if that has helped. This happened on the last one, but environment temperature was less well controlled. Please help if youhave an idea what may be up. Using optic6 LED light setup.

Post with 0 views. Troubles

Hey seabadger Lots more information needed.
    Are you growing autos, fem, or regular? How old are they? What strains? More pictures, regardless, will help.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Welcome to GWE
      The red/purple could be the strain, could need potassium, the light green may be lack of nitrogen, cold brings out colours
      What is the temp? RH?

Comment

The picture is very out of focus. Plus as said above grow info please.

Comment

Thanks loads for your replies. Gorilla Candy Feminized seeds, from seedsman. About a month old, just running veg until scrog net is covered. Apols for pics, the imgur link has other photos but think I cocked something up in the post so you just see the really close pic initially. In an attic with potentially quite cold air intake. Tempurature kept pretty well controlled though between 20-27C

Comment

Plants look too pale green to me, May need nitrogen and magnesium (1 teaspoon per gallon of water). Trim off bad leaves.
            If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	new1.jpeg
Views:	394
Size:	551.1 KB
ID:	385973Click image for larger version

Name:	new3.jpeg
Views:	333
Size:	637.2 KB
ID:	385974Click image for larger version

Name:	new2.jpeg
Views:	369
Size:	634.5 KB
ID:	385975

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you watered them on a regular basis meaning given them plain ph water till 20% runs out the bottom and allowed to dry between waterings? By this age in my experience I've watered the plant allowed it to dry and try to water and feed at same time usually just after lights come on and not when lights are to go off into dark.

If it's too cold not enough circulation roots slow down growth cold moist soil. Cold will change the leaf and stems but yours are way to young for it you got some root issues with feed/watering. How close are those lights now? What kind of " grow nute" are you giving them? They are very unhappy as you know. I would flush with at least a gallon of water. Don't give them "extra boost nutes" snake oil right now. Go easy

Also I see white spots and curling leaf which could be an indicator of bugs. It could also mean root damage or roots to wet. The large under growth being eaten says I need N!

Comment

What happened during your first attempt to grow? Same results? Trying to see if there is a pattern.
                If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

looks like they're starving...I'd say lockout or root issue...what's your pH? as SoOrbudgal said a major flush might be indicated...good luck!
                  Last edited by duckman; 03-20-2020, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Hi all, bit more info. Thanks again, really appreciate your wisdom

SoOrbudgal I water for 2/3mins, twice a week. With two pipes going into the surface of each plant. Standard 3-4mm drip feed pipes from the grow shop. Tried to time it so it's dry 1-2cm down from the top before next water. Would it be better to do 1 larger weekly watering so it drys out fully? Always water just before lights come on.

I have perhaps already done a flush with ecothrive microbial tea? Was more than enough to come out the bottom of the cloth pots. Hoping the microzial masters will kick start the soil. I am re-using my super soil from the previous grow so haven't added any nutes. I put in life-cycle before re-using though, so thought that would give the grow enough food. Grow shop suggested using some calmag if the tea doesn't 'engage' the soil, but holding off for now. Will also try getting some worms in there.

Lights are Optic6 LED (thought I researched well and got good ones, let me know otherwise) Will check the distance, but they were going really well at same distance previously. Perhaps as close as they can be as using in small attic tent.

Did wonder about cold air coming in at night/in general. It is cold in the attic.

duckman Do I need to measure pH if it's soil?

Korn Last time they recovered from this, but all hermied. However, I slightly put that down to having a few residual lights on during the 'night' in the flowering season. Like a glowing orange one on my heater! So many painful lessons! :-)

Rwise
                    From what I've been hearing N could be plentiful in the soil, but not accessible if too cold, too wet or if the soil hasn't 'engaged' yet. Sound about right?

Comment

I would argue that what your experiencing is a potassium deficiency due to this example
                      Attached Files

Comment

If the PH is out of range they could be in lockout, yes do check it in living soil (when there is an issue). IF it is not the issue that will eliminate PH as the issue at hand. With everything going on now the ag center may be closed or doing other things, If they are open (call them first) I would take them a soil sample from at least 1 pot. (tell them you grow hemp)

Last time they recovered, are these the same pots of soil that did this before?
                        Hermie suggests stress, could be lockout or the light.

I reuse soil also, I add to it each grow, I dont bother with PH I put dolomite and sulfur (pellets not powder) to self cushion the PH. The plant will move it around as it needs.

I dont think it is cold air, 2 of my girls got frosted on, I washed it off before the sun came up and they look fine. 1 did get a slight burn, but they look nothing like your plants. Most of my plants are outside unless it going to freeze. Maybe if the soil is to cold, I think you would see more if the roots were cold.

Comment

always need to know the pH, seabadger, if it's not in the right range the girls can't absorb the nutes.

Comment

Girls seem a lot happier now after their microbial (ecothrive) tea flush. Did it twice, once a week and discoloration has massively diminished, even if that deep green hasn't come back yet. Held off on any nutes for now as will look to do a pH reading when I can. Can you get a test online, or is it about taking a soil sample to a shop? Have also changed watering from 3-4 mins twice a week, to one 8min blast a week. Sound sensible? Lighting is a bit different for these photos as used flash rather than grow light, so perhaps I'm fooling myself ? Would stress in veg cause them to hermie? Or if they recover before putting them into flower will I be OK? Many thanks

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                              SoOrbudgal commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's good news. All I do is lift the pot to know if I need to water if it's too lite I water, I also keep a calendar to mark days of feed and waterings. Yes about the stress causing hermies. Won't know till you see later on during flowering but who cares at this point you want to get those healthy to harvest.

I would really recommend removing all those lower large fans and the ones which are dying.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X