10k UVb lights??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10k UVb lights??

I have read that using a 10k wavelength UV light for a couple of hours during the light cycle for the last 2 or 3 weeks at the end of the flowering cycle will increase oil and resin production.

I have a few questions regarding this.

1. Has anybody tried this for themselves and if you have what were the results?

2. If I was to try this how do I set the lights up? Do I

A. Leave the sodium lamp on for the full 12 hours and just turn on the additional 10k lamp for a couple of hours during the 12 hour light cycle or do I

B. Rig the system up so that the sodium lamp goes off just after the 10k lamp comes on and then the sodium lamp comes on just before the 10K lamp goes off after a couple of hours thus maintaining a full uninterrupted 12 hour cycle but the plants get the 10K UV light in isolation and not mixed with the HPS sodium light.

I grow in a .8 x.8 x 2m tent and I imagine that if I had both the HPS sodium lamp and the 10K UV lamp on at the same time for a couple of hours the temp in the tent gonna get pretty high possibly far too high???

10k is the temperature, not wavelength. K stands for kelvin and wavelength is described, typically, as nanometer (nm).
    I supplement my HPS with UV. The results are great!
    mine are T5 bulbs that plug into a standard high output t5 light. I hang them right next to my HPS bulb and turn them on for 15 min every 2 hours during lights on (per the manufacturer’s recommendation) for the entire duration of late flower.
    no issues with temps when all lights are on for me.
    Attached Files
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Shedman
      Shedman commented
      Editing a comment
      When I say a 10k Light that what it says on packaging. The UVb Lamp I have is a 10K 400w Solis Tek Digital high pressure metal halide lamp which will generate a lot of extra heat.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know exactly what it is. A few things...if you are using the bulb in an air cooled hood with glass in between the plants and the bulb just know the glass will filter out some of the available UVB. That’s why I choose use the T5 bare bulbs. I keep my HPS running simultaneously with the UVB bulbs. I find this creates the best spectrum for late flower. I used to switch out the HPS for a MH the last few weeks of growth, but find this method works better.
      Lastly, 400w is exactly how much heat will come from that particular bulb. Nothing extra, and nothing less.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X