26$ 4 trust and less testing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26$ 4 trust and less testing.

Anyone that doesn't trust their ph meter or is sceptical, or wants to store it in the off season, 26 Bux and enough to calibrate for years. It's even made in the USA. Cheaper than buying a phmeter for every season and will pay for itself with happy plants. My ph meter was off by 1, reading 6 when it should be 7,. So my tap water reading 8.1...was really 9.1 gotta love small town water. Ppm between 800 to 1000 as well but that's another story.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

I invested in a mid range quality ph meter made by Apera and check calibration every week to 10 days. It has a replaceable probe for less then half the price of a new one and is super quick to get the final reading. So far it has not been out by more then .1 and my nute problems are much less. Cost me $75 cad but I hate junk and won't buy a cheap one again.

Comment

What's an off season?

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        PRIMO
        Right!

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        The time in one's life when they move /go to jail lmao

i just got me some ph strips to double check every few days, ive got well water so the ph changes over time and the meter tends to get off by a full unit over months and even well clibrated they show diff results, the meter got me into troubles so im trusting the strips for now and just keeping an eye on what the freaking meter says

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just going to mention that 9fingerleafs. I've been borrowing my neighbor's pen but he doesn't keep it well. It has a short or something that makes the numbers go from 23 to 0.
        I'm getting the strips.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        hahha crazy meter... ph its only up to 14 wtf, i got some 5.5 to 9 range but im also tempted to buy some ph testing drops for aquariums and fish tanks so i can have a triple check system just to be sure

Personally I just use gh test kit. The drops are so easy to use and read. I find myself guessing a lot with the strips

Comment

I go back and forth with the tester and the pH strips, which seem to be 1 off from my meter. Now they're both on point
        GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          You know, There is a whole group of people that talk about the big benefits of drinking alkaline water..... I stop on my way to work at a 7-11 and pick up a bottle of 9.5pH Alkaline water.

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          the ph in the water you drink is very weak because of low minerals in it, meaning it has 15 to 20 ppms so a single drop of a more acidic substance will overpower the ph, for example just a little bit of saliva or by the time the water comes into contact with the acids in the stomach it takes the ph of what it comes into contact with. EVERYTHING you eat or drink is processed and digested in the body at a ph of 1.3 to 3-5

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          NEXiUM !....the purple pill

Don't get me started on heart burn whole list of stuff I love that I can't eat anymore. Not many medication even touch the fire that is my throat...drink a litre of milk..or table cream. Then we get into my health in general. Don't get me started lmao.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          try adding a pinch of salt and sodium bicarbonate to the water you drink for a day or two and see if it helps, ive know a couple of people with gastritis that manage eating normal food with this method

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like Alka-Seltzer without the bubbles

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X