PH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PH

hello my Friends, so i was using distilled white vinegar to lower my PH, but i noticed, with-in 24, the PH level would rise, so i decided to buy the product PH Down, and really, it's not much better. I PH'd a gallon of water to exactly 6.5, and 24 hour later I re-tested it, and it was 7.1, WTF? so i guess you have to always PH before watering. Is that what everyone here does?

I use GH pH down in my DWC grow. I had problems with rising pH because the airstones aerate the water causing chlorine to dissolve which in turn raises pH. My pH would pretty much settle after 24-48 hrs. It took a few weeks but I know exactly how much to add now and it just took some time to get the feel for. The GH pH down does hold the pH level rather stable, once the water stabilizes, I can't speak for white vinegar as I have never used it.
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

I use sulfur in my organic soil, the sulfur mixes with water and slowly makes sulfuric acid to control PH. Dolomite is used to buffer that , my tap water is 7.0 and I dont worry with it.

Comment

FWIW I de-chlorinate prior to adding CalMag. 5 drops as I'm filling buckets. Ph doesn't seem to drift much.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X