supercrop gone wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supercrop gone wrong

i was supercropping by sqeezing between my fingers and then bending a bit to promote a nice callous and increase the nutrient pathway to the tips and my sativa strain seemed to have a couple stems snap/crack as i pressed on them.

the top is still green and i'm confident it will recover but are my fingers just too strong? is this something to be gravely avoided in the future?

sorry for poor focus i'm hoping you all are familiar with the issue.

It should be ok. I find that as long as the section of the stem I'm kneading is green and not woody, it always works. Just squash the stem until its pliable and let it fold over-done.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

As long as the branch doesn’t snap or break open you should be ok
      it also is used for a uniform canopy

Comment

If they do crack open tape it up tight- maybe tie it to a stake or yo-yo for support while it heals. Mine were old & woody when I did these last 3 plants. I had 3 broken bends out of 24, duct taped em together & every one of them is fine about to be harvested. Then a couple wks into flower while pulling the canopy flat I split the stalk on one & taped that up good as new too. I ain't sayin to be clumsy on purpose lol. Stress slows em down but they snap back.

Comment

Forgot the pic.
          I have the split branch braced with bamboo in case the buds get heavy but its strong enough on it's own so far.

Comment

hey wibe , if you actually split the stem when your cropping, just wrap some tape around the wounded area...it should recover no problem. Next time you want to supercrop just try using some of that soft wire tie stuff that i see in your pic and wrap it around the tall stem avoiding the flowers. then bend the wire and shape the stem in the direction you want. Im trying this now on three plants and its working great.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

is the taping after crack to prevent bacteria or something or purely for support as a type of splint?

they def cracked or split but lengthwise not in half and hanging.

after bending around a little they were droopy but not falling over so i left them and the picture is from about 4 days later.

speaking of picture why have the size limitations changed? cant you guys get an encrypted messenger like signal if you have crazy mass pm's going on that you need more server space?

i only have 3 settings on my phone and going down from fine is standard quality and i dont want to show how potato my phone actually is.

Comment

• NickyChicks
                NickyChicks commented
                Editing a comment
                Since the update on the forum I had to download an app on my phone that resizes and compresses my pictures. That was the only way I could get them to upload, the app is called Lit Photo.

• wibe
                wibe commented
                Editing a comment
                careful with apps.. most of them are offered by crooked developers that backdoor your phone.

i do everything through the web.

its still pretty unsecure but most apps you're just giving away the keys to the city.

Good question. I think it holds (is sap the right word) in just as much as it keeps foreign particles out- but definitely for support.

New resized pics are harder to see & a pain in the ass- but after seein what the founders pay per month for us to play online- I ain't bitchin.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X