Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buds look terrible after 3 months - Need advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Buds look terrible after 3 months - Need advice!

Background:
    Seeds were Blueberry Autos from ILGM. These seeds were germinated on 12/22 in rapid-rooters. Transplanted to 3 gallon fabric pots on 12/25.
    Nutes: Fox Farm trio
    Medium - top soil amended with perlite and some compost about 80/20 top soil/compost.
    LST both plants a little higher stress than usual cuz I'm new at this.
    Temp 74 F - RH 45%
    Lights were 2 1500W blurple philzons from Amazon.
    January 19th they started in flower.

Lots of trichs but no amber. Not even much cloudiness. Kept checking every day. Now I have more leaves growing than anything else and these don't look like regular buds to me. I don't know what the plants are doing. They haven't been stressed, no problems with light or nute burn or drying out. All the pistils came out, turned amber, then died and dropped off. Some new white one are starting to appear in places but very sparse.

I'm checking the trichomes every day but still no amber but I didn't think autos went this long. This is only my second grow so I'm not sure what normal looks like but this just looks like a bunch of vegetation to me. Should I chop them now? Wait some more? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have no idea what to do with these girls. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	whole plant closeup.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	384874

Name:	Closeup Bud 2.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	384875

Name:	Bud 1.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	384877
    Attached Files

I’d harvest and start some more. Looks done to me, maybe a lil overdone. Could smoke but maybe better for edibles. Not sure why it took so long to mature. Seems like your auto should be done way before now.
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• SmashGuitar
      SmashGuitar commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Korn my last grow looked just like yours and i think i waited too long to harvest. I am almost certain my problem was light burn. Most of the sugar leaves dried up, curled, yellowed by the time my trichs started to turn amber.

Auto's can be a bit funky trying to figure out when they're done.
    My suggestion is to wait a week past when you think they're done. It'll be worth it.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

hey Twistedwienerdog im growing a Quarter Pounder auto from Canuck seeds and its growing/not growing quite similar to yours.. pretty short,super dense, weird looking leaves, and strange buds..lol. Im just letting her grow out and see what happens. As far as your trichomes, they look pretty cloudy in pics as far as i can tell. Middle pic looks like the buds are still ripening up, and the bud in the last pic is beautiful...awesome colors! A jewelers loupe would let you see those trich's better or a usb microscope. The plant still looks pretty green, have you started flushing it with just water yet?
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

Their are some strains that don’t turn amber(I’ve heard) but I wouldn’t trust that info...
        have you had any light bleed through ?

Comment

homegrown I've been flushing with PH corrected water (7.0) for 2 weeks in preparation of chopping. I have a jeweler's loupe; been using that to check the trichs. I think I'm going to go ahead and chop them this weekend and try again. I have some baby plants that need to be looked after and I need the space in the tent. The new ones are all autos except for one but I don't think I'll be buying any more auto seeds. My photoperiod that is in flower right now is going to give me more yield off 1 plant than I got off all 4 autos combined I've harvested to date.

Daskahn I haven't grown enough to know for sure but so far everything I've seen turns amber. No light leaks. My first thought was I caused it to reveg but it's an auto so I think that's not supposed to be an issue and the leaves are still jagged and not smooth, which seems to be one of the primary indicators of revegging.

Tried a sample to see what was happening and it definitely delivers a sativa type high but not nearly the punch I get from my girl scout cookies or GDP. I'm guessing some decent drying and curing will help?

Thanks to all for the help! Y'all rock!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear ya with the auto yield, i'm still learning those grows. I'd hack it and try them again, i'm not fussing with them much like I did with the photos. I just LST main cola spread out the branches let her grow till I get more experience. My last auto Durban was my best so far she's the center of my avatar pic she's pretty smooth smoke for daytime.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X