No announcement yet.

Grow journal for a n00b (First grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear ya. This is my second indoor grow and I still read and re-read articles on growing. Also have asked a lot of questions here. For me, the hardest thing is to figure out the correct distance between the light and the plants. Still getting a bit of a stretch
    happy growing dude.

Comment

4/30/20
      Day 52
      Been slacking on the journal a bit. The tent smells amazing. Still no buds.
      A few weeks ago I panicked when my cheap, no-warranty topolight cmh fixture burned up 31 days after I bought it. I replaced it with a vivosun with a 3 year warranty, and didn't replace the lamp (I'm broke, fam), so naturally, the lamp burned up this past saturday. I say again, fuck topolight. Got a replacement bulb (another cheap chinese one), ordered sunday from Green Lighting. Lo and behold, the lamp showed up on wednesday when it was supposed to, so props to Green Lighting. I'm going to get another lamp in a couple weeks; a 'better' one, because I know this thing will leave me hanging sometime too. God I hope these babies start flowering soon, I'm spending 100$ a week on flower right now.

Comment

5/1/20
        Day 53
        Woooo, ok, I'm a little concerned now, all the plants possibly showing signs of nitrogen toxicity? Am I reading that right? Dark green, glossy, downturned leaves. Also one plant is getting spots.
        planning on flushing them with ph'd water and cal-mag with no nutes this weekend. Also... shouldn't these autos be flowering by now? I've got them on a 20/4 schedule, thinking of dialing it back a bit. Suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lv6Zbh1.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	400319Click image for larger version

Name:	GUAaghz.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	400320Click image for larger version

Name:	nnCwrXy.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	400321Click image for larger version

Name:	kQEaYXu.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	400322

Comment

It looks like it could just be overwatering to me? Maybe some deficiencies or pH problems as well. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think you have autoflowers, you're going to have to dial it back to 12/12 to get buds from those plants. On the bright side, they're about twice as big as they would have been when they would have started flowering had they been legit autoflowers.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyButtLovin View Post
            Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think you have autoflowers
            I suspected that as well. At this point I'm not sure it's bad news, I suppose it'll give me a chance to correct whatever is going on in there right now before I flip it. I had planned on switching to photo grows after this anyway, bought a bunch of photo seeds from seedsman last month.

Comment

Hello Dude, despite what it said on the seed packages, you are not growing autos, they are 100% photos. day 53 with autos, you would definitely be into flowering. depending on how big you want the plants, i would wait a week or two, then flip the light to 12/12. keep in mind, they will double in size, after you flip the light.
              what type of water are you using? I use tap water, but let it sit 48 hours, to leech out the chlorine. i put a towel over the top, so no bugs get in the water. Tap water has enough cal/mag, that you shouldn't need to add any. if your using RO water, then you need to add the cal/mag. My girls are right behind yours, 50 days today. they are autos! The Northern lights is flowering, and grew way faster in size, than the gelat OC, but the og is in full flower mode. keep us updated!

Comment

Originally posted by johnb1963 View Post
                i would wait a week or two, then flip the light to 12/12.
                I'm flipping them as soon as they recover from whatever the hell I did to them this week.
                My first grow. Yesterday morning: Lv6Zbh1.jpgnnCwrXy.jpgkQEaYXu.jpg This morning: 6WwANdl.jpg378B7tm.jpgWBPh5bq.jpg AMS Northern Lights XTRM Auto-fem (And we know that the auto part was untrue at the very least) They are in 2 gallon fabric pots, under a 315CMH and a dinky T5HO. I haven't seen the temp top 80 yet, but it's

Comment

5/6/20
                  V58

Still not looking as happy and vibrant as they did a week ago, but improving. Did a little more LST last night. LST starting to make more sense to me now that the plants have grown up a bit. Flipping as soon as I feel like they're healthy enough for it. Temp hovering around 80f in the tent. I'm thinking I'm going to need to duct the AC into the tent pretty soon.

Name:	8ij1ALa.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	4.03 MB
ID:	401952Click image for larger version

Name:	7G6O4XW.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	401953

Comment

5/7/20
                    V59

The girls are visibly improving. They are perked up and looking more or less happy. Still have a few orange spots showing up in a few places.

Name:	lxSUZ17.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	402481Click image for larger version

Name:	0z34JYi.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	3.29 MB
ID:	402482

Comment

They look real healthy to me and are a good size. Nicely recovered.

Comment

Yeah they're doing good. Smells great in there too. I bent a big branch over just a bit too far a couple days ago and now I'm giving them a couple more days to recover from that, but I'm planning to flip them this week.

Comment

5/11/20
                          Flippy time. The girls are now on 12/12 lighting. Not much else to report.

Name:	EmZchxe.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	403775Click image for larger version

Name:	r9QNPNg.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	403776

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X