Watering newborns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watering newborns?

Hello my friends, i was just curious how much, and how often you water your newborns? mine a 3 days old, about 1-1/2" tall. I have been watering then once a day, about 4oz.

I dig a mote around them and water in that so the moisture is absorbed away from the plant and pulls the roots into more soil. The amount and how often varies, big pots more water less often, starter pots daily to several times a day depends on how much evaporates.

Comment

That's about the same amount of water I give mine, seedlings, but I don't water mine everyday. In a little circle around the seedlings.
      And in your big pots you shouldn't have to either, unless your environment is hot an your soil dries out quicker.
      Young seedlings roots don't like to be sitting in to much water, it will slow them way down, imo.
      Your gonna do fine.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Sounds good and they look good johnb1963. When they are that size I use a small water bottle easier to control the pour.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do the same but I found pouring moves the soil too much. So I poked a couple holes in the top with a pin so it comes out like a watering can when I squeeze it. Works really well for my smaller pots.

Whatever works dphipps1020
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

For germing seeds directly in Jiffy Pots, use the little pot that came with my wife's Nettie Pot, Nasal Kit - works Great! I give all my seeds a good drink 1 or twice a day, depending on how dry they are.

After seeds are up and growing good, with several sets of leaves, I switch over to a gallon watering pitcher with the long, skinny spout. When plants get big you can snake that skinny spout over/under and between the limbs.
          3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
          3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
          Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
          2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
          4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
          6" Oscilatting Fan
          GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
          "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

Dump a shot glass of h2o on em every other day for a week or two. Not an exact science.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X