Grow diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eliot Pryor View Post
    Still looking fine !! I've left them in the dark before, I consider it a waste of time. Grow it till it's ready then take it down. Have a great grow !!
    Thanks Eliot. Got a couple of weeks to go tops!
    Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
      Eliot Pryor commented
      Editing a comment
      They are kinda like that eveready bunny. They just keep going and going .....

I think leaving them in the dark is only valuable if the temperature drops a bit.. it’s the reduction in temperature that is important.. it triggers the last minute rush.. however I do dry my bud in the dark

Comment

• swegrow
      swegrow commented
      Editing a comment
      That makes sense. Yes me too, using a closet.

Good for you swegrow going to have a trimming festival soon eh?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• swegrow
      swegrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, cut down my two runts in 0.5l pots together with a brooklyn sunrise yesterday. Hanging to dry! =)

Yippeee love that name Brooklyn sunrise is that a indica hybred ? Man i'm choppin at the bit for my two. Great job, I love my homegrown

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      Yippeee love that name Brooklyn sunrise is that a indica hybred ? Man i'm choppin at the bit for my two. Great job, I love my homegrown

I was a bit baked and remembered wrong. She is a colorado cookies. Brooklyns are still in the grow room LOL. The sunrise is a Diezel x ak47 x ruderalis cross.

Rest of the plants are maturing and got between 1 and 3 weeks to go if im correct. Started to feed with plain water now on everyone but the auto critical and 1 auto brooklyn sunrise.

Could not get the image to upload to the forum but here are the current state of the plants

Comment

Got my first small plant trimmed and jarred. Used a 150u mesh screen when trimming and got a fine ball of kief to go with it aswell. All my trim is in the freezer, my lil bro is into extracts and cannabutter and such and he will have a good time soon =)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to hear you got a harvest, great feeling. I just hung up a OG kush trimmed up yesterday and hanging. Don't know anything about how much yield yet I go by my quart jars LOL Might get 2 don't care cause I don't have to supplement at dispensary now.

• swegrow
          swegrow commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal Yeah, I had to smoke some half dried popcorn buds and yes, Very strong, got me a lil trip around the moon I think. Wont get any yardwork or much else done today I suspect LOL hahaha

swegrow after using the dispensary ( glad their here but so much happier with our own ) smoking the older crunchy stuff they sell for $10gram for decent was buying 4grams a week mixing it with our half cured stuff making it go further till we got at least 2 plants jarred. So far I have Mango jarring curing and now OG I just clipped the buds off from dry hanging 3days put into paper sack for couple more days then into the jars for burping. So I mostly do our smoking in the evening as I don't get nothin done when I smoke LOL but when chores get done we sit and relax watch the critters and burn a gram doobie LOL man oh man summer is almost here. Got a feeling it's gonna be a great outdoor season

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
          swegrow after using the dispensary ( glad their here but so much happier with our own ) smoking the older crunchy stuff they sell for $10gram for decent was buying 4grams a week mixing it with our half cured stuff making it go further till we got at least 2 plants jarred. So far I have Mango jarring curing and now OG I just clipped the buds off from dry hanging 3days put into paper sack for couple more days then into the jars for burping. So I mostly do our smoking in the evening as I don't get nothin done when I smoke LOL but when chores get done we sit and relax watch the critters and burn a gram doobie LOL man oh man summer is almost here. Got a feeling it's gonna be a great outdoor season
          Damn, sounds good to be able to get your stuff legal anyway! That is about 50 years into the future here. Cops here are allowed to take you in for a urin test if they suspect you are high. If you got thc in your system you get a fine and also they take away your drivers license. Dispensery weed sounds good even if its brick LOL =)

Im with you, I usually smoke before bed, Then I sometimes turn up doing anything but sleep but at least all the shores are done haha

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Bummer i'm so sorry for those backwards states. Hopefully it's just few years away

• swegrow
            swegrow commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal I can only hope, and fly under the radar until.... =)

Originally posted by swegrow View Post
          Full feed with nutes today. Iam nervous already about burning them.

Anyway I had a branch break a just after transplant on one of the plants. Put it in the dirt in on of our hoseplants and forgot about it. Found it today, rooted and seeking the light. Persistent and strong little thing =)
          Look at her tiny pistills! =)

Comment

Cut down half a colorado cookies and hang to dry today. Fits me taking it a bit at a time since my closet space and the Octopus is limited.

Comment

In all the grow guides and info sites I read before this grow, no one mentioned that you need alot of space when drying! (Im about to ask the mrs to clear out one of her closets, mine are full, she wont like it)

Its a good problem to have though LOL =)

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
                Eliot Pryor commented
                Editing a comment
                yeah right, Good luck with that !!

• swegrow
                swegrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Eliot Pryor A man can dream!

Almost done harvesting! And I got my next grow planned and seeds germinating. I will do 1 jack47 XL, 5 dark devils and a westcoast O.G. All autos except the last one.

Comment

Hey guys! Been bust alot lately, work and also renting a new farm down by the sea. The mrs is a horse trainer and competitor and now we got out own stable and pastures etc. Been alot of carpentry and fixing up lately, but now its up and running! There is also big potential for a small guerilla grow somewhere...

All my autos are harvested and I got somewhere around 150-180 grams of dried flower. And its very good smoke! Stronger than Im used to haha. Got my seedling in the "incubator" and will transplant in just over a week into bigger pots and into the grow room. Getting me a little upgrade now come payday, humidifier, one more LED and Im also thinking about getting a 6 pot autopot system. Anyone has experience with it I would love to get some info and pros/cons!

Hopw everyone is well and staying safe.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats on the new farm. I have zero experience with autopot. I think the homegrown is stronger also LOL and maybe the genetics now a days

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  hey @swegrow,
                  Sounds like a great new place to live. happy for you.
                  Yes, the home grown is a step up from the retail I have tried. Congrats on a successful grow.

Just a note on Autopots. Been using them for almost a year.
                  Positives include using less water and having more free time when it is up and running. I have grown quality and quantity autoflowers with them.
                  They can use plastic as well as fabric pots. I have never had an over watering problem yet.
                  I am probably going to switch to mainly fabric as I find the root system is more wide spread then with the plastic.
                  The system also seems prone to nutrient buildup and ph lockout. I have had to flush my pots on several grows to correct things. Of course it could be me overfeeding or my choice in nutrients. All a big learning curve to get things dialed in.
                  Also found that growing different strains on the same reservoir does not always work the best. Some plants are heavy feeders and some light.
                  I have a couple homemade reservoirs so I can keep growing a variety without having to fight with differences in nutrient demands.
                  Have used coco/perlite exclusively with salt based nutrients.
                  Only been growing for a little over a year but have 5 grows under my belt already.

Hope this helps,
                  happy growing.

JEMad

Thanks SoOrbudgal! We are just renting the stables and the land, will continue to live in our house. But its like a 5 minute drive so its perfect! And yes, gave a bag of last years outdoor crops to my father in law and he rolled one up with only weed in it. Was waaay to much for him, used to the hashish back in the 70s LOL.

hey @swegrow,
                Sounds like a great new place to live. happy for you.
                Yes, the home grown is a step up from the retail I have tried. Congrats on a successful grow.

Just a note on Autopots. Been using them for almost a year.
                Positives include using less water and having more free time when it is up and running. I have grown quality and quantity autoflowers with them.
                They can use plastic as well as fabric pots. I have never had an over watering problem yet.
                I am probably going to switch to mainly fabric as I find the root system is more wide spread then with the plastic.
                The system also seems prone to nutrient buildup and ph lockout. I have had to flush my pots on several grows to correct things. Of course it could be me overfeeding or my choice in nutrients. All a big learning curve to get things dialed in.
                Also found that growing different strains on the same reservoir does not always work the best. Some plants are heavy feeders and some light.
                I have a couple homemade reservoirs so I can keep growing a variety without having to fight with differences in nutrient demands.
                Have used coco/perlite exclusively with salt based nutrients.
                Only been growing for a little over a year but have 5 grows under my belt already.

Hope this helps,
                happy growing.

JEMad

So you can use ordinary round fabric pots in the autopot trays? That sounds great. Ive got a bunch of 3gals, do you think they will fit in the standard system? Thought about the Autopot XL but I dont really have the room for it right now.

It seems like a very good system, I also thought about DWC or rDWC but that might be a later project. Need some more experience and some more grows under my belt I think.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Means a lot hearing it first hand instead of getting a thousand opinions from googling =)

Have a good weekend and stay safe brother!

Comment

Indoor grow No. 2!

Start 17/5/20 (seeds sprouted 10/5)

Here we go again! Redid some of the ducting, cleaned out the grow room with bleach. Removed the radiator to get more space, wont need it for a while anyway.

Strain: 6x Dark Devil auto, 1x Jack47 XL auto

Medium: BioBizz Lightmix in 3gal fabric pots together with
                  Xtreme Gardening MYKOS mixed in. About 1/2" of leca at bottom of pots.

Light: 1x ToDoGrow LED TGL 220/ 3590. Getting me one more as soon as they are back in stock.

Air: BLACK ORCHID MIXED-FLO EXTRACTOR - RV - Ø125, Carbon filter, 3 fans for circulation. Air intake with filter.

Nutes: BioBizz lineup.

Co2: Air bomz, dont know if this is more than a gimmick but got one cheap at a sale so worth a try.

On the pic, I also got some of the outdoor plants moved into the growroom due to a prolonged winter. Kind off, storm winds and rain nonstop right now.

Next thing on the shopping list is a humidifier and more light. Maybe one more osccilating fan and a better timer / setup for the electrical system. I got my timers set with my phone via amazon alexa right now and ran into a problem - timers wont work if the internet connection is down. And that happens out here on the country side some times. No harm done for autos but that will be devastating for photos.
                  Last edited by swegrow; 05-19-2020, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Right about that power outage crap. I still have thoughts of this when it happened to us and a photo grow during a snow storm. Anyhow get a good timer for sure that's my #1 headache cure. How's new country home going, love to see photo if you can of horse property. Only if you want to LOL. Would you purchase the same light have 2 ?

• swegrow
                    swegrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SoOrbudgal Yeah, getting me a proper timer for sure! New place is up and running. Mrs is about to start her business there next week. Our house is just a 5min drive away so its absolutely perfect! I wanted one more of the same, but they are out of stock as it seems. Guy at the grow store told me they are running short due to corona. And the fact that a guy walked in and bought 40 of them, cash. Its a $450 light for gods sake! Someone is growing big =)

If they are not back in stock monday I will get 2 of these instead. https://www.todogrowled.com/gb/tgl-l...-star-100.html
                    I want more penetration and spread so placing one on each side of the big one I got now.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X