Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving my skunk outside

Hi everyone

I want to share my Lemon Skunk (GHS) grow with you and at the same time ask some questions

Abit about my setup,
    First off, im using coco and canna with an semi-hydro setup. 26x Autopot with bottom feeding. For flowering im using a 240x240cm (96") tent where I have devided it in two half (120x240). The reason for that is because the are flowering on "shift", that way I have an equal power usage 24/7 and theres alot of small benefits with that, easyer to controll 1200w of heat than 2400w and the power company dosent get any wiser. The light switches exactly at the same time.. Night on one side and day on the other side.

All plants are topped, my "rule" is no more than 4 stems total, 2 colas and 2 lower stems, then I use LST (Low stretch tec) and basicly it becomes a game of tetris but in that way I get the most out of the space and light. And by doing it that way thers no need for cropping later.
    They have 4x 600w with Adjust-a-wings, Lumatec ballasts and dual spectrum bulbs who are max 6mnd old (the bulb)

Alot of fans and ducting of course, no need for getting in to details other than I have a negative air pressure in the whole apartment witch is very important to controll the odor. All the air goes thru a sentrall air system and thers no need for coal filters.

Then there is a 90x150cm tent for clones, mother plants and drying, then another 90x90 tent as a relef tent while harvesting. I Never re-use a mother plant. Im prepearing 4 new mother plants out of 40 clones. 26 of the best looking plants goes to flower, 4 becomes motherplants for next round and those who are left goes in the trash.

Using X-stram Aero 40 for clones. No rot hormones, just a heating element and 28C does the trick (100% success, not a lie).

This is my 3rd round of LS in this setup, the yeld is quite nice. Last harvest I got 2874g of dryed and cured skunk. About 110g each tho the plants in the middle reach 130-140 and those in the corners get about 80g.

I got a pretty nice idea how to do this inside in an enviroment I can controll things but we are thinking about planting a few outdors. Not on the garden but away from peaking eyes and ratters. Ive found some nice spots far away from people...

Is there anyone here who has that kind of experience? Growing in the "wild"? I want to learn as mutch as possible to make sure those laydies get what they need.
    Im pretty mutch drawing blank when it comes to it...

Ive added some pics from flowering, harvest and some pics of my new clones. I dont have the habbit to take alot of pics, im sorry but this is a few. I know the focus is really off on some of them :/

If you have some experience with outside growing like I explained, plz make a post or pm me.

If you have other questions about my setup ect dont hesetate to ask.

EDIT: forgot to mention that im in the northern hemisfere.

- TokerTom
    Last edited by TokerTom; 03-11-2020, 05:34 PM.

Adding 4 new photos from the current batch. They are exactly 5 weeks old, 3 weeks left to harvest.

Comment

Growing in the wild rule number 1. Never tell anyone where it is period never never!
      Rule number 2. Dont make trails to the patch
      Rule Number 3. You will have bugs, and other damage.

Comment

I agree with Rwise also keep an eye on ambient lighting. And sweet set up. 🥳

Comment

Growing in the wild rules cont.:
          rule number 4 - make sure you are familiar with how to get in and out without being seen..
          rule number 5 - the soil is going to be different depending on what climate or area your in so you might have to add to it
          rule number 6 - you will need a water source some what nearby
          rule number 7 - preferably don’t change the area.. find a spot it will be ok in and make as little alterations as possible..
          rule number 8 - don’t put your plants in any type of pattern.. aka no squares, no circles, no triangles.. make it seem 100% natural (area needs to look untouched
          rule number 9 - make sure you spend at least a full day there. You need to make sure that the cite will have the correct amount of light
          rule number 10 - don’t take your favorite trail to the site if it’s your favorite trail it’s probably someone else’s../ make sure people don’t hunt there.. make sure the area isn’t frequented more remote the better

theres a bunch more, I don’t really wanna sound like a no it all anymore then I am so if your finding this helpful let me know.. if not I’ll shut up lol
          Corogold might also be able to give some pointers he’s got some talent in the field

Comment

Yes so much more!
            LEO Richard I know you are growing in my county
            Me Yes I am
            LEO If I knew where it was I would go pull it!
            Me You know highway ** and the county line
            LEO yes I know the spot
            Me Turn south to the end of the road, you'll find 2 gates, it's up to you.

2 weeks later I am at the gate, there are tracks, they go right through the patch of 15+ foot tall plants all flowered out. Of course we harvest, and off to the next patch, a huge hollow stump in the middle of a field, (broke all the rules) the plant was 15+ feet out of it and very obvious, and so on with the rest.

~4 weeks later
            Me What were you doing looking down, your tracks went right through the patch, you had to push them to the side to get through them!
            LEO We were looking down
            Me What about the one in the stump
            LEO We thought it was the tree growing back
            Me LMAO! No need to go back we wont.

Yes this is a true story, Names other than my own left out, and details of where it is also left out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
              Growing in the wild rule number 1. Never tell anyone where it is period never never!
              Rule number 2. Dont make trails to the patch
              Rule Number 3. You will have bugs, and other damage.
              Rule 1 and 2, Check
              Rule 3... regarding buggs.. flying buggs says it self but bluggers? Is there a point setting up some small bariares around the stem so those sukers dont get a hold?

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                ladybugs and praying mantis are very good to turn loose at your patch. Look into predators that pray on the bugs you have. Yellow and blue sticky traps, but those can draw eyes to tour grow.

Mate, I love your grow style, if your only planning to grow a few like 5-6, it's super easy to do, if you got a protected spot, or a place that's not visited very often.
              I used to crawl on my belly into the middle of big briar thickets, to work up the soil, when I first started years ago.
              But now I just causally spread them out a bit. So they kinda blend in.
              oldjarhead100 can tell you some of his tactics.
              Aint nothing like the sun.
              HappyGrowing
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by Daskahn View Post
                Growing in the wild rules cont.:
                rule number 4 - make sure you are familiar with how to get in and out without being seen..
                rule number 5 - the soil is going to be different depending on what climate or area your in so you might have to add to it
                rule number 6 - you will need a water source some what nearby
                rule number 7 - preferably don’t change the area.. find a spot it will be ok in and make as little alterations as possible..
                rule number 8 - don’t put your plants in any type of pattern.. aka no squares, no circles, no triangles.. make it seem 100% natural (area needs to look untouched
                rule number 9 - make sure you spend at least a full day there. You need to make sure that the cite will have the correct amount of light
                rule number 10 - don’t take your favorite trail to the site if it’s your favorite trail it’s probably someone else’s../ make sure people don’t hunt there.. make sure the area isn’t frequented more remote the better

theres a bunch more, I don’t really wanna sound like a no it all anymore then I am so if your finding this helpful let me know.. if not I’ll shut up lol
                Corogold might also be able to give some pointers he’s got some talent in the field
                Rule nr 5, the plan is to digg a hole for each lady and replace it with "all-mix" canna soil... the question is, are they gonna survive on this during the period? Im thinking aprox 25L of all-mix... using a 25L pot with a hole in the bottom, digg the hole, place the pot in the bottom and fill the suroundings with the stuff i digg up then place 25l of all mix in the pot with the clone.. then gentle lift up the 25L pot (still with no bottom) to ensure a nice fill with nutrient all mix soil.
                The question is tho if theres need for additional nuts during the grow and what NPK sould I be looking at when they have aprox 25L with all-mix (either canna or biobizz)?

Rule 8, yeah... makes sense... Ive found a few spots around small lakes so theres a short way for some water if theres a fry period.. no more that 1-200m...

Rule 10, Im not going to follow any trails, I have pre-set cords from places ive spottet via satelites so I guess Ill make my own trail. Regarding hunting, the hunting season starts in october so I should be fine. Only problem is ppl who are looking for berry so I exclude those places as far as I can.
                Im also looking at 3 or more diffrent places and split them up.. dont want all of my eggs in the same basket
                Driving all the equipment to a drop off point, park the car far away from ground zero and use a bike to get back..
                Survey and spot places to grow during the day and do the work during night.
                Pose as im on a fishing trip

This is exacly what im looking for Do you mind if I keep in touch and maybe share some more intel when I get there?

- TT
                Last edited by TokerTom; 03-11-2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Daskahn
                  Daskahn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  “What’s the point of having knowledge if you refuse to share it”
                  My favorite self quote... so here’s what I’d say always share what you can..
                  I’m somewhat of a perfectionist/micromanager.. i don’t care for wild grows to much anymore because of this.. I like to baby my girls.. pamper if you will.. last I did a camping trip I made sure I checked often and added when needed.. I don’t believe in self contained soils but I know people claim they work.. I’m not familiar with the one you mentioned so I can’t say it will or won’t work.. all I can say is forest floor and fox farms have pretty good soils and a good all natural home mix works great.. if you want
                  my recipe message me and you can compare and see if it’s similar

• Daskahn
                  Daskahn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your methods should work pretty well though.. hell you probably don’t even have to remove the whole pot.. could just leave it.. however I’d remove it just because then cover the soil with forest floor material and what not

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only thing I ever carried into the woods was a shovel and the seed. I would loose the pot, and just make a nice big hole about 3 feet deep and use whats in the woods for amendments. I also water water a wild grow, ok I did once and a rabbit cut it down for the moisture, F$%^! You could see sparkles from her for a mile, then gone!

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
                Mate, I love your grow style, if your only planning to grow a few like 5-6, it's super easy to do, if you got a protected spot, or a place that's not visited very often.
                I used to crawl on my belly into the middle of big briar thickets, to work up the soil, when I first started years ago.
                But now I just causally spread them out a bit. So they kinda blend in.
                oldjarhead100 can tell you some of his tactics.
                Aint nothing like the sun.
                HappyGrowing
                Thx for your input. My question is, do you prep the soil before you plant? Throwing thise babyes out without any prep to the soil makes no sense...
                Im planning to pick 3-4 places/clusters, plant 5-8 on each spot... not in a pattern as mentioned but close to water. I have an idea of digging a hole for each and using a 25L pot with a hole in the bottom, place the pot in the middle and replace the old soil around but filling the pot with 25L of all-mix then gentle lift the pot up and whola.. Have only tryed this in theory tho... but I dont see why it should not work.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I grow in very fertile Ms.River Delta soil, and for each plant we'd dig 2-3feet deep, put about 20-30percent perlite in it, and work it up real good, and that's it, and we grew some real monsters over the years,
                  We also used to grow in plastic 5gallon buckets, that we'd dig a hole bigger than the buckets, and put the bucket in the hole, like your talking about, we always put a good many rocks in the holes before the buckets though, an our buckets had plenty of holes in the bottom of them.
                  Both ways worked well, the ones that we just planted in the soil that had been broken up real good, an added perlite to, did better though..
                  But I will tell you this, the nicest plant I ever saw was a volunteer, that came up by us just throwing out seeds, in these same hunting woods, in Ms..she was a real Oaxacan sativa beauty, for the books .

My old man is a hippie/hunting/hard case bugger. Who happends to pull off 50pound average a year harvested cure . Somtimes alot more. He never taught me much at all at off what he knows and he is very good at these things. I got no door opening into my dads knowledge of work i kinda was not kean nor trustworthy i think maybe a liability ahaha. Ive grown up alot since then. BUT I CAN REMEMBER HIM REPEATING OVER AND OVER AGAIN MY VERSION RULE#1 = Hard work and determination. 2# preperation/organisation work the land = dont go for 1st thing ya see look at water.soil pest. All species pest possom people. Start insect barriering so you get a clean run and start of . Rule #4 =greating youre office is there need for cages is there pigs.possoms .moose. aka RULE #5 = Before ya have even started germinating youre plot is done ready you have all ferts yourve planed to use so you give ya plants the best start to thrive im learning . So thats what i got for now theres more but thats the 1st Fantastic #5
                IO'D

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like your Father, is a cool ole dude.
                  Corogold

The more you carry in the more likely someone will see you. Be quit, no talking remember sound carries and these days every one that sees you going into the woods knows what you are doing. Last time I went looking for a nice wild place, there were already patches everywhere!
                Here's something we did, have a driver drop you off and come get you, pay him/her part of the harvest for their service.
                Oh ya, today many people carry a cell phone, do not take it with you, it has tracking shit built into it!
                At night use no lights, you cannot be safe enuf!

Comment

The more you carry in the more likely someone will see you. Be quit, no talking remember sound carries and these days every one that sees you going into the woods knows what you are doing. Last time I went looking for a nice wild place, there were already patches everywhere!
                  Here's something we did, have a driver drop you off and come get you, pay him/her part of the harvest for their service.
                  Oh ya, today many people carry a cell phone, do not take it with you, it has tracking shit built into it!
                  We are planing to do it in three fases... Fase one is to spot and tag nice spots, no more than 1-200m from a water source. Fase two is to establish a small camp in an reasonable distance to 3/4 clusters where we store suplyes. Do most of the legwork during night and prep all the spots. Fase three is brining inn clones, sensemilla from my prev crop... She is a Queen, just look at my prev work with this girl ... This face is done during the day but the transplantation to out prev spots is done during night..
                  Its no hunting in the area ive selected and its about 300m above sea.
                  And ofc, dont carry or use a smart phone Ita amazing what they can digg out from a smart phone...

Comment

• Daskahn
                    Daskahn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If I were you .. try to find a spot you can keep your supplies away from your camp site.. but not at the grow site either..
                    if you get caught camping it’s no big deal.. but if you have the supplies for the gorrilla grows they recently found then... remember your there fishing... you didn’t know those were there and you want nothing telling anyone different.. it’s not what they believe is going on it’s what they can prove.. if I were you.. your camp site should be at least an hours walk away.. plausible deniability.. but again I’m a bit old school in my methods..

• TokerTom
                    TokerTom commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are making a good point and it should not be a problem. Just more leg work... my cussin is gonna love that

Ive given alot of thougth into what youre talking about so most of the legwork and stuff is gonne get done during night

Comment

A coupple photos of the girls on the "day side".
                    3 weeks to harvest

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      TokerTom be careful it's a memory from our grows way long ago but we got robbed of a grow once. I know it was a "friend" who did it. Loose lips.

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Has happened to me too, more than once.

• TokerTom
                      TokerTom commented
                      Editing a comment
                      exactly why im doing it with my cussin, and only my cussin...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X