my first grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first grow journal

holy crap am i excited to finally have one of these. i feel like all i ever do is ask, ask, ask...so here goes. first, i just want to say again how APPRECIATIVE i am for all of GWE, especially the forum and the tutorials. i would never have had the guts to actually do this (even though it's been a longtime dream of mine) without the information and the people here willing to help and share.

so all i have right now is some germination pics but i thought they might be helpful to newbies like myself since i took 'em as soon as they germinated, because, you know, i was checking like a fiend.

i ordered from Seedsman on 12/5 and they finally got here yesterday. i started germination of those seeds (the 3 labeled ones that are sprouted) yesterday evening around 6 and they had sprouted by 5 p.m. today. that's less than 12 hours!! sadly, the other two that you see that are not labeled have not yet sprouted and they have been germinating since 1/1. they are seeds from Nirvana, which i ordered on 12/15, after Seedsman but they got here about 7 days earlier than Seedsman. go figure.

anyway, the thing in the pics i'm calling my germination station (TM) it's a crock pot with a little dish on the bottom to serve as a stand for the clear pyrex bowl on top so that the pyrex bowl doesn't sit in the water. i filled the pyrex bowel with FFOF that i triple quadruple rinsed to keep it from being too hot for proper germination. initially my plan was putting the seeds in shot glasses, putting the shot glasses in the dirt in the pyrex, putting the lid on the crock pot, create humidity and a heat source and let 'er be. well, when the two seeds that i tried that with weren't doing anything for a couple of days, i aborted that plan. who knows if it would've worked had i left things the way they were but i decided to go to my plan B.

when my Seedsman seeds arrived i did them differently and converted the Nirvana seeds to the same method. that was to make little raviolis (like little square pockets) of soil within a layered paper towel and then put each seed about a pinky nail or less in the dirt, fold over the paper towel, put a little water in the middle, and squish down. the idea behind doing things this way was to recreate the conditions of nature as best i could (hence the first attempt with the shot glasses). so i was trying to have the soil that the seeds would eventually live in be present from the jump. another thing i changed was placing a slightly smaller pyrex bowl on top of and inside the bigger one to create yet another layer of warm glass barrier to maximize humidity. basically i was trying to make a little tiny sauna.

anyway, everything worked for the Seedsman seeds that sprouted in the paper towel raviolis. the Nirvana seeds are in same now but still have not sprouted. i might lose them but i knew that going in and i wanted to try this design/experiment out regardless. lemme know if you have any questions or suggestions. also, i plan to keep posting here throughout so here's my grow info so far

using FFOF soil in 10 gal smart pots
    a mixture of dimmable iPower 1000W MH and HPS plus LED Viparspectra 300W and Roleadro 400 COB (2nd generation!!)
    6' by 4' by 8' closet that i'm still tinkering with
    Vortex S600 6" inline fan
    planning on venting safely to the attic, if smell turns out to be a problem then i'll have to get a carbon filter but i'm trying not to unless absolutely necessary

ok, i think that's it unless i've forgotten something

the strains are

1 Dutch Passion strawberry cough
    1 Seedsman somango
    1 Humboldt Seeds raspberry diesel
    1 Nirvana jock horror
    1 Nirvana pure power plant

thank you again all my wonderful GWE peeple peeples, i am so excited to try to give back a teensy bit of what you all have given me.

"i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Good luck, I'm so excited for you! Be very gentle planting those brand new babies.

Comment

thank you insomniaczzz, i am both super excited and slightly terrified. my plan now that i've got three sprouts is to transplant w/out touching then (tweezers used carefully) and put 'em under the big lights. *crossing fingers*

Comment

Super excited for you Bob! Looks like you put a lot of thought and effort into the germinating process. My first thought when seeing the pics was that the medium looked a bit too wet (that shine), since I believe a seed can get started by pulling in just a bit of moisture....doesn't need a soaking if it is a fresh and viable seed. But maybe your pic is misleading me, and you did succeed with some. You've heard it before....give those seeds some loving patience. Great to see you started! 🌱🙌
        Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
        Recent grows...
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

More babies come to life!!!May you be a great daddy for these gals!!
          Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
          600W

LED
          2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
          BioBizzLight Mix
          Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
          Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
          Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
          CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
          Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Have fun , get your grow on. It only gets easier.

Comment

Hey Bob! Can't wait to see them grow! I got Strawberry cough and somango as well. Same breeders too. I'll be popping the strawberry in my next run. One of my favorite strains!

Comment

thanks, rock, nartak, joe, and royal!! i haven't been this excited about something since i got kittens. i transplanted this a.m. and will update soon i hope. it went well i think.

royal, i think i remember reading somewhere that you had ordered some of the same strains i did but i might be mixed up since it's hard to remember sometimes who's doing what...maybe we can compare notes and you can help me out w/the strawberry if i run into problems

also, the 2 Nirvana seeds still haven't done anything. anyone have suggestions on what to do about them? it's been 7 days now and the other 3 seeds sprouted in LESS THAN 12 hours...smh

Comment

• CCOiler
                  CCOiler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pissing in the rain is okay Nartak but pissing in to the wind is a No No!!

Good info by the way.

• Nartak
                  Nartak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hahaha did i get that wrong? Im not used to using such forms of expression in English so often so i need my couple months or so with you guys to get using English as i was grown up to...You leave it...it leaves you

• bobsakamoto
                  bobsakamoto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks nartak!

Subscribed bobsakamoto, your going to do great with these folks helping you out
                CANCER?.....CHONIC PAIN?.....TYPE II DIABETES?.....PTSD?.....ARTHRITIS?
                "If your not Tacking, your not healing"

Comment

• CCOiler
                  CCOiler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tacking is a form of taking CCO (Concentrated Cannabis Oil) without getting stoned out of your mine. For example, if you take a grain of rice size CCO and swallow it, in a 1/2 hour or so you will be checking out the dark side of the moon without a space suit. If you take that same grain of rice (CCO) and tack it to your gums without swallowing you won't feel much at all but will still get all of those Cannabinoids into your system and that equals healing without the high. Great for the elderly people with serious illnesses.

• bobsakamoto
                  bobsakamoto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i'm glad you asked cuz i was about to

• Nartak
                  Nartak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That brought me back down to earth as i was about to start writing about energy healing and the energy exchange of passing the blunt! I have done both and yes a "butane flushed jack herer plant through dripping on a pyrex/bain marie dish" did send me on the dark side of the moog

I just had to put the track up...Anyone smoking right now should give this a listen...Two of my favorite electronic music writers...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X