New grower, bubbleponics, seedling drooping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! New grower, bubbleponics, seedling drooping

I started my first grow last week. February 27 I started germinating my seeds using the paper towel method[1], one seed of three sprouted (one apparently disappeared) and on March 1 I transplanted the germinated seed into a cut open rapid rooter, and placed in my DWC bucket.

The bucket had been prepared with 2 gallons of water at PH 6, using a mix of 1/4 tsp per gallon of FloraMicro, FloraGro and FloraBloom, and 2ml per gallon of hydro guard. Everything went fine at first, see pictures. I actually meant to post all of the pictures except the drooping one yesterday, but my account was approved today and as of writing, the seedling has now dropped down entirely.

While I did move things around yesterday to get better airflow and temp/humidity control, I also did my first weekly water swap yesterday. Not sure if either was the cause.[2] Temperature and humidity are generally 73-77 F, 46-50%

I’ve attached some photos, all photos with comments at https://imgur.com/a/mG4b9rj

[1] I tried three times germinating inside a rapid rooter, with a new bag each time,
    [2] Yes, I know, change only one variable at a time.
    4x2x6 grow tent
    Qb288v2 clone light
    DWC in 5 gallon bucket
    GH Trio, Hydroguard
    Cloudline T6 Exhaust, S6 Intake
    Sensorpush temperature and humidity metrics

It looks pretty leggy like its reaching for light. What kind of lighting are you using and how far away do you have it? Might need to move it a little closer. You could probably prop the seedling up with a little stake, or maybe even bury your rooter a little deeper and gently surround some of the seedling with the hydroton pebbles.
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

Originally posted by NickyChicks View Post
      It looks pretty leggy like its reaching for light. What kind of lighting are you using and how far away do you have it? Might need to move it a little closer. You could probably prop the seedling up with a little stake, or maybe even bury your rooter a little deeper and gently surround some of the seedling with the hydroton pebbles.
      I’m using a Qb288v2 clone, at near max power, around 30 inches away. I’ve dropped it down to 24 inches and propped up the seedling with some of the hydroton rocks, as well as burying the cube a bit further.
      4x2x6 grow tent
      Qb288v2 clone light
      DWC in 5 gallon bucket
      GH Trio, Hydroguard

Comment

• RFheavy
        RFheavy commented
        Editing a comment
        You can drop your light height lower and decrease the intensity to minimum. Your seedling doesn't need all that light. Maybe bring the light down to 18 inches or so and keep an eye on it. Are the roots growing through your cube?

Ok so here’s a great idea.. let the seedling lean back down naturally.. lower the light to 18 inches the plant will grow more sideways then tall.. this is actually a known and used form of training coupled with toping it will be nice.. but I agree it’s a light issue it’s not close enough..

Comment

I just prop them up with more pebbles, the stem eventually thickens up enough to continue on its own.

Comment

That's happened to me a lot. They always get back up. I usually plan on it and put a stick in beside it support it if needed. Seeds are all different. My lights are always the same but some pop up tall and some not so tall. Good luck !!
          Focus and relativity.

Comment

It looks like there may have been a couple of issues from what I can see. When you first put the rooted seed into the clay, did you have your fans already running, with light breeze across the top? I use to get this when I would start the seeds elsewhere, let them grow a bit then transplant into the grow room. The fans would knock them over but usually they would recover.
            Also are you watering from above daily? I see the clay is moist but you may have knocked it to the side.

Looks like a hell of a nice start!
            Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
            A tale of two seeds
            Batter Up Sour Deisel
            Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
            New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
            Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

and WELCOME TO THE PARTY!!

patience, lots and lots of patience
              DWC (bubbleponics) will test you, but if I can get through it, you can

Comment

• Daskahn
                Daskahn commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree with this.. I started in soil.. but prefer water now:. It’s a labor of love .. I’d be lost if I grew in soil again if you have any questions just ask and I’ll answer the best I can

Wanted to give an update to everyone that helped. The seedling is standing on its own again and looking better. I've attached new photos. Thank you everyone! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_11032020_185628_(2592_x_3456_pixel).jpg
Views:	399
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	383223Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_11032020_185648_(2592_x_3456_pixel).jpg
Views:	384
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	383224
              4x2x6 grow tent
              Qb288v2 clone light
              DWC in 5 gallon bucket
              GH Trio, Hydroguard

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X