Caramelicious vs amnesia haze auto quadlining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caramelicious vs amnesia haze auto quadlining

Hello everyone! Welcome back to the show.

So after being inspired by a few really good growers Ive decided to write a journal. So here grows!

This grow will consist of two strains in three styles totaling four plants 2 caramelicious and 2 amnesia haze auto
    the two caramelicious will be quadlined, first leaving nodes 2-3 and the other leaving nodes 3-4
    The amnesia will be quadlined leaving the 2-3 nodes and one will not.

here are my stats:

Amnesia haze auto
    Caramelicious
    1 1500w yehsense led
    hydroponics dwc
    fox farm
    Grow big
    big bloom
    tiger bloom
    fox farms dirty dozen(added week 4/5)
    hydroguard

Doubledealing72 Must give a nod to you for I learned this technique mainly reading your journals
    As well as nebula haze
    @asesino85
    and all the others who have contributed to the learning of the art
    Last edited by Daskahn; 03-16-2020, 01:24 AM.

Day 21 c1 a1
    day 16 c2 a2
    so this one had actually already been started but I’ll give a run down
    basically I put seeds in water when I had everything cleaned and prepped I soaked for 24 hours
    I then put in damp paper cloth till they popped
    I then put into rock wool till the seedling pocked it’s head out the rock wool
    this was day 1 for me.
    i pour plain water over rock wool
    When roots begin to reach the water I add 1/4 strength nutes to the reservoir till the plant reaches 5 nodes I then start the quadlining
    picture below shows all four plants three quadlined one not

Last edited by Daskahn; 03-08-2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Subbed, interested in the caramelicious (somebody highly recommended it)

Comment

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the grow..
        caramelicious are the c1-c2 they are growing much faster then the amnesia and are the larger ones I got them as freebies from msnl

Day 23 for c1 and a1
      day 18 for c2 and a2

one small draw back for using dwc and this method... no real place to tie down the plant ties.. so keeping the branches growing in the right direction is fun lol open to suggestions

so in the top left is the auto amnesia that I haven’t quadlined and it seems to be the slowest growing and smallest of the bunch.. also today I noticed the plants made a square ... I wonder if that’s because of the light being a square lol
      Attached Files

Comment

there someone on the forum that tied them to the cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K1DJW2M...roduct_details I use these to attach to my cloth pots, I just did my 3 week defoil and I had manifolded using the third and fourth nodes well I noticed the lower branches never really took off so if you are going to use multiple nodes stat at the 4th one up and use the higher nodes
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I love to watch these DWC grows good luck to you. They look full and healthy

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the link.. very helpful
          I’m using the nodes I’m using based off of mcubed476 set up.. and I’ve followed his journals.. Im trying to see if his style of grow is more suitable to my needs then the styles I have been using.. so far it’s working pretty well for me.. for me the single mana folding technique was to aggressive for me.

Slight update.. I decided to go ahead and get fox farms dirty dozen.. I’ve been using fox farms grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom. Which are part of the dirty dozen(will add full list if anyone ask)
        but I wanted their chart and I had to order some more nutes and figured why not try the whole bunch..

I have a black berry kush that used just the trio to compare results with(I know results will very because of strain and all).

their feeding schedule suggest only a 12 week cycle.. 4 weeks for veg 8 for flower..
        with extensions for both being repeat weeks 4 and 12.. so I guess that is useful might do a journal following their schedule to the t to see what the results would be.. wonder if they will sponsor a journal for that specifically send me a new batch and I’ll do a sponsored grow.

the amnesia haze auto that wasn’t quadlined has begun to show long white pistil so I am going to treat it as if it’s begun flowering while I’ll treat the other three who have yet to show anything as if still in veg ie 3 will get week 4.1-4.2 nutes while the other will get nutes for week 5-12

point to note: a-2 showed sex first(wasn’t quadlined)
        while a-1 which grew faster and was quad lined has yet to show..
        did quadlining break the auto trait?
        plants that had nodes 2-3 remaining are easier to train the one that had 3-4 remaining refuses to bend(broke a top branch....it was a sad day)
        Last edited by Daskahn; 03-16-2020, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          subbed as well Daskahn. Good luck on the grow. Will be a good one to watch.

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the grow.. please take your seat grab some potcorn and twisters. All questions are welcomed throughout the grow, enjoy

Well everyone welcome back to The Garden.

day is 33 for the c1 and a1
        day 28 for c2 and a2

changed out water and nutes.. continued training for the quadlining training..
        first week using the dirty dozen wasn’t my favorite of weeks
        had a build up and change in color of leaves on two plants.. but the culprit could have been a number of other things so I’m going to continue with them but change the other possibilities to original as to see if it’s the nutes themselves or no

the single auto not trained or quadlined is proving to be a bugger..
        not as thick, much taller then the rest but not uniform, nor numerous. For this strain indoors so far I’m not a fan of just letting it grow.. I’m loving the quadlined ones
        very interesting to see the differences in the techniques though
        quadlined auto still not showing sex neither are the caramelicious so I’m going on a limb and guessing they arnt auto and if they were they arnt now.

im also adding a symptom graph because I thought it may be helpful

should I have removed more leaves?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Daskahn; 03-22-2020, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe they just slowed down cause of the training? Man what a drag if you anticipated autos. I don't think they were messed with so much to change the timing if so that's weird.

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I know two of them are suppose to be autos one is already flowering with no change of the light while the other hasn’t..

Daskan beautiful train, magic hands and the girls are happy lol. First quadlining I see, interesting, so many questions now
        what the diference to manifold will you earn veg week/s, how you got the nodes so close the 2&3 and the 3&4
        curious to know who will do better c1 or c2
        what nodes you´ll left on the main branches
        great journal men

Comment

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          The difference between manifold and quadlining in manifolding you are left with two main branches in quadlining you have 4 so you get to your desired cola count quicker allowing for more bud sites and reduced grow time

In this grow I chose to use two different node sets to see if there was a difference c2 had 3-4 left on the plant and c1 and a1 had 2-3 left on.. leaving nodes 2-3 has been easier to train..

As to which will do better so far c1 is going better because of the training but underdogs like to win when it comes to the ganja

cant wait to see next steps, cause I study the manifold like a nerd for my 1st Hydro dwc and now Im intrigue cause it really looks faster and easy
        well I will follow this close

Comment

My current grow is in my signature, I'm finishing this year with Auto Haze also. However I did not train.
          Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel
          Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
          New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
          Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Welcome back everyone to the Garden
            day is 45 C1 A1
            day is 40 C2 A2

so yesterday I continued the training and did minor defoliation.. I find taking off the leaves that grow on the top side works great for increasing light penetration
            also A2 was getting to y’all and after much contemplation I have come to the decision to implement some type of training as a pose to having light burn.. or worse having to destroy it.. so I went with what I call mid-supercropping half way down the stem I carefully bent the stem over as to not break it..
            canopy is now basically even across
            below will be a before and after picture
            i also afterwords tied down a few branches to even her out
            Attached Files

Comment

• tropa
              tropa commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Daskahn they are so pretty and healthy, I really like this training
              Last edited by tropa; 03-31-2020, 04:56 PM.

• tropa
              tropa commented
              Editing a comment
              men I have to ask, will you cut any node, or leave node 1 and 2 in each main branch, pointing to 20 colas
              cheers

Well the way I trained them was to leave the node 1-2 on each main branch till they were a bit larger allowing for cloning.. I want to preserve the genetics in case they turn out to be good genes
            but a lot of the time people remove them allowing for better air flow and light penetration

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              Next year I will follow this journal, mine look like another tumble weed grow. I'm starting to get concerned on the internode spacing, seems to be a lot. Will watch yours also. Amnesia Haze auto.

Looking great Daskahn hope you get many " children " and they grow up healthy
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Day 49
              switched our water
              added half nutes I still think the full set is to strong or just to much in the water second auto amnesia has begun to show signs of flower so I now believe that quadlining/manifolding pushes back the auto gene.. will most likely flip to flower in the next week.. two at most..
              Attached Files

Comment

• tropa
                tropa commented
                Editing a comment
                Hello Daskahn hope you well,
                1 question, when did you start training, clipping your mains?

was it to soon to start train?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Daskahn
                Daskahn commented
                Editing a comment
                As soon as I had five nodes I started training and no I don’t think it was to soon.

• tropa
                tropa commented
                Editing a comment
                ok nice

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X