When to clone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to clone?

When is the right time to collect branches for cloning? I was thinking to collect after harvest or during the late flowering stage? Also, can you clone from clones, or is it best to clone again from the mother plant? How many clones can you take from a single plant? I am looking to regenerate my mother plant for as long as I can. Thanks! ✌️

Anytime in veg stage is best, it starts getting harder and taking longer to root the further into flower you are. You can take as many clones from one plant as you want and you can clone the clone then clone that clone then clone that clone....

Comment

I'll add that some plants strains clone very easy and some not so easy, one I just did would not make roots until it went into flower. Then ever cutting took, unfortunately it hermied and all those clones went to compost. I had a plant, cut a limb, dropped it on the ground and it rooted (IDR the strain). Once those great genetics are found you can keep them going many years!

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I am a new grower that’s soon to make my first harvest with my only plant but unfortunately I already am into the second week of flowering. Should I bother to attempt to clone with the mother plant at this stage? Thanks

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          yes you should, better now than later, try with one or two lower branches

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          2wks isn't too long. It may take 2-4wks before they really get back into growing but I have 2 plants that were cloned 2wks into flower (Thanks again SoOrbudgal ) They threw round shiny leaves for about a month but are doing perfectly. 5 more I started then changed my mind & reveged after a wk are just starting to grow leaves again

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, and lower limb as said.

There is a tutorial here on cloning. I think.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes a good one at that. This will be interesting, imma gonna watch this thread.

If it's to save her genetics you could monster crop her. When she's growing strong again take a clone or 3.

Comment

Is it possible to collect clones during regeneration of the mother plant? Like after two week of revenging the mother?

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            I suppose so. Idk how big a clone you'll be able to take at that stage. I think you'll get a stronger clone who"s able to spend most of its energy on taking root if you wait until she's vegged & grown some new branches.

• gbauto
            gbauto commented
            Editing a comment
            REvegging is possible, but it takes quite a while for the plant to revert to veg state. I usually will take a cutting during early veg on new strains(i top my plants at 4th node so I''ll let it grow a few nodes past that and use that for a cutting). I just keep those in veg state while I let the new pheno's flower and cull clones based on how the plant flowers.

Reveging does not always work, if you take her to far into amber trics she will not come back. So get your clone/s early.

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            I did not know that. Thanks, I'm plannin on monster cropping one for the neighbor. I'm gonna take them down cloudy anyways but definitely good to know.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X