Making seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making seed

Time to move to something more worthy of spending money on, so I am gathering seed and about to start making a few crosses of my own. First up is BB3 X GG4, with the BB3 being a true male, I have heard good things on this cross. I think I can fit 6 females and a male to the side in the room (under the stairs). With that I could be making 6 different hybrids from the BB3 male.
    Here is what I have to work with
    BB3 (reg), GG4, Black Domina, Blue Dream, Alaskan Purple, GSC, Mazar I Shariff (landrace), Shock Trauma (reg), Sour Tangie, Dresden Green Diamond, Piebert(reg, landrace), Super Skunk Kush, Santa Marta Colombian Gold (reg, landrace), Tajikastani Hash Plant (reg, landrace), (pink something I forgot it was on sale, reg) and WW. Unless otherwise note they are fem seed or clones.
    So whats your thoughts here? Give me some input on what you think would make great plants!
    Edit Pink well, how about Purple Ice,/EDIT
    Last edited by Rwise; 03-04-2020, 07:41 AM.

A gg4 xblue dream would be something I'd pay money for! But I guess that would be hard to do with 2 females lol

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds more than fair.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      Glue Dream, Blue's Glues, Bloogaloo

This is pretty fun when you're baked.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      SirSmksAlot well sorta hehe

I’m all in for an exchange of fem seed of Santa Marta Columbian Gold (reg land race). I have Sundance Kid regular seeds (boys and girls mixed) from Green Point Seeds. It’s a cross of Girl Scout Cookies bred to the Pink Panties phenotype (aka Sunset Sherbet) then crossed to the Star Dog male. Known for sweet berry aroma, good yields, it’s a hybrid with a medium to tall finishing height and it’s a photosensitive. Let me know what you’re thinkin. Thx Korn
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      This will be down the road a bit, but is on the to do list!

The GG4 will be here by Friday and will be sprouted as soon as it gets here! Then to decide what else goes in the first run.
    EDIT Would it be worth while to put a female BB3 in and make BB3 X BB3? /EDIT
    Last edited by Rwise; 03-04-2020, 07:45 AM.

Comment

I thought I posted on this yesterday but I guess I left the page without hitting the button.

These would be my top 6 using a BB3 stud -
      BB3 x GG4
      BB3 x BB3
      BB3 x Sour Tangie
      BB3 x SMCG
      BB3 x Blue Dream
      BB3 x Piebert

Comment

Those are all good projects! BB3 X Piebert should make a very large heavy plant, and X SMCG should give up lots of flavor/aroma. And if the SMCG cross works well I may just have to do SMCG X BB3, then cross the two F1s. The same with others that turn out well.
        Seed order should be in today, GG and Purple Ice (Rusty Glue for a friend), I'll get a clone of the RG.

Comment

I am trying to talk a friend into helping with my project, here is what I am asking him to do (he does not do WWW)
          Rusty Glue X Rusty Glue
          Rusty Glue X GG4
          Rusty Glue X BB3
          Rusty Glue X Piebert
          Also take clones from the RGs both a male and a female for future use
          I will supply all the seed and clones to do this, and of course he gets the smoke.

My GG4 is in soil!

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            I just started spraying a Thai Skunk. She'll be bred to her mother & another Thai Skunk as well as 2 Dutch Dope also from AMS you can have/offer too.
            Hey FBL I want in on some of that Wedding Cake!

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            FunkyButtLovin if I can talk him into it, he would be outside

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            @FunkyButLovin I finally talked to Jerry, he is in on making seed, he will do so outside (he's not good at inside yet) and would luv to add those to it. I sent a nice Piebert female his way.

I have a question for all y'all. I am getting closer to starting the seed run (soon as the remaining plants are ready) and have an odd question for you. If I let these girls set on seed and get it started then flip the lights back to 16/8s and reveg them (to make clones from the new growth) with seed set, how bad would this be for the seed genetics? Would it pass on or create something bad?
          I have a Piebert male now under 24/0 to keep him under control until I am ready for him.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            I've never tried that and I don't think I've heard of anyone trying it. I'm not sure how it would turn out.

• Korn
            Korn commented
            Editing a comment
            My take is that a 12/12 photoperiod (for plants that are sensitive to photoperiod) will induce the physiological changes that lead to flowering. Once the sexually mature flowers are pollinated and an embryonic seed begins developing I don’t see any reason that those seeds will cease to mature just because the photoperiod is increasing. As long as the plants are healthy and the seeds don’t abort I believe you will get viable seeds, especially if you are already one month into the seed development stage before increasing the photoperiod. Anyone else have any thoughts or experiences with doing this?

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I may take 1 plant and try this, but I am just afraid it will program something undesired into the seed. I suppose the only way to know is to do it.

The clones, also more being made of the GSC for my Nephew and his wife.

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Where do your GSC come from? I have 2 courtesy of @GengusKahn one of wich I'm gonna breed fem to a Mango. Maybe our crosses will mesh....

These are from seed, its going to be a good year yet!

Comment

The grow is being separated into spring/summer finish and fall finish, clones to be made from the best plants. Seedlings are going outside (in another thread) Clones, the GSC clones all are in dirt, 3 have a home (unless they dont survive c19) all of these will go 16/8s (ok already done). The Alaskan Purple is looking much better after the last capt jacks treatment, damn I thought I killed it! I may try to do an early harvest and reveg these clones so all the plants to make seed with are ready at the same time.
            1 Piebert has shown male and he is in almost 0 dark for know, I think I see another, it is twice the height of the others and lanky. Watching for a BB3 male to grow out/keep around for breeding. Once I get what I need excess plants will be given to friends.

Comment

• Korn
              Korn commented
              Editing a comment
              Like the way you are planning and thinking. Seeds are a great way to preserve and maintain genetics for future generations.

Interesting

Comment

I moved 3 clones inside under 16/8s to reveg them, make clones and a mother of each (maybe I can keep them in veg this time!)

Comment

I grew 2 plants for the first time a few months back and I wasn't consistent with my light times and stuff and one hermied. I tried to take the pollen sacks off but must have left at least one as it pollinated one branch on the other plant. I ended up with about 30 seeds, which are all female, which makes sense as the genes both come from female plants.

Comment

Another seed run, from bag seed, every one of them hermied, 6 out of 6. All cuttings and clones went to compost, all seeds go to the chickens. Shame as it is good smoke, I just cannot promote self pollinating strains.

Comment

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Breed the best- bury the rest.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X