Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Hi guys, this is my first grow and looking to learn. Currently growing 5 plants in an indoor setup. All plants are healthy and thriving except for one. I have attached pictures, the first picture was earlier in the week and I noticed some deficiency or a problem occurring. Took the runoff PH and it was down to 5.0. So the next feed I fed with a PH of 6.5 to try and get PH of soil runoff higher and now my current situation is the other picture. It dramatically got worse after the feed. Any suggestions?

That looks like a 1-gallon container if I'm not mistaking might need to transplant into a bigger container could be root bound. Might not be the answer but can't hurt

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      One gallon fabric pot?

They make them

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. In my limited experience, the plant might be good in that one for a bit, yet?

Not sure if it’s root bound or not, i
    have other plants that are on same schedule with better development and bigger in the same pot. At first, I thought it was a phosphorus deficiency because of original color
    on leaf and soil PH at 5.0. That’s why I raised PH next feed and it got dramatically worse. So I flushed until soil PH was at a 6.0 and getting ready to check her today.

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
      OlderNOTwiser commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with phosphorus and pH. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...rus-deficiency If you've flushed and then start back on light nutes (like getting back to normal after the flu) it should come around. The affected leaves won't return to a normal look so be aware of the new growth for your barometer on the health going forward.

Thanks for the responses guys, like I said it’s my first grow and all my plants are on same schedule. Is it normal to experience a phosphorus or PH within just 1 plant if they are all on the same schedule and feed?

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Well.... maybe not normal but even within the same strain there can be heavy or light feeders. Some can be more pest & disease resistant too.

• Tater313
      Tater313 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know JDU, thanks

Same strains?

Comment

• Tater313
      Tater313 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya all the same

In the fabric pot it will not become root bound. The roots will be self pruned as the soil drys.
    I have 1 Quart bags and looking for the smaller 1 pint ones.
    I would recommend a larger fabric pot with riser, 3 to 7 gallon for autos, and as big as you can for photos, I use 20 gallon pots.
    My thought is lock out from the PH issue, larger pot with PH balanced soil/medium.

Comment

I was going to go to 3 gallons next and then eventually 5 gallons. All good information thanks guys, so at this times it worth keeping the plant around huh?

Comment

I would give it a go, but I would go straight to the 5 gallon pot. Why disturb the roots any more than needed

Comment

Ya you’re probably right about that lol makes sense. They are only 3 1/2 weeks old

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I would also do next repot make it the final one

I dont test runoff in fabric pots. I have found that the nutes will soak into the fabric giving vastly different runoff ph than root ph, especially as the plant gets older and more nutes leech into the fabric. As long as your water ph going in is in the target range you should be fine. At this point, chasing the runoff has probably messed up ph and drained some of the soil of nutes which both can cause issues. Repotting and focusing on ph going in would be my next steps as flushing can over water and cause root issues as well. You could grow a plant to harvest in a one gallon fabric pot without it getting root bound (i just did) but re-potting always encourages more growth and more bud.

Without knowing nutes, soil ect its hard to say why it first started showing issues but chasing the runoff on a fabric pot tends to make it worse. And yes, i have personal experiences with that (RIP plant i learned this on!) Also, with soil i think 6.5 should be the standard ph in as deficiencies can start below 6.1-6.2 ish according to the handy dandy chart attached!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	soil-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.4 KB ID:	380205

Comment

This is all very helpful! Good to know about not chasing PH of runoff in soil pots. From here on out I’ll just worry about PH going in but I’ve been keeping it around 6.0. Looks like I generally need to raise PH going in if I am going off of that chart. I’m using promix hp and Flora nova series with azos at transplanting and 2ml of Hydroguard every feed. I also used Hydroguard for germination and got 100% success rate and my tails were good after 12-24 hours. From what everyone at my local store has told me my plants are ahead of schedule for 3 weeks. I’ll upload pictures tonight when I go into my barn and check on them once the lights come back on (18-6) btw. I’m planning on reducing the feed for the plant that is showing deficiency’s considering I just flushed it. Good idea?

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            If you just flushed it i would go ahead and feed. Sure reducing the feed probably wont hurt but i dont think it will help much as you have already flushed. Maybe feed this time and water next? Unfortunately im more familiar with coco than soil so it's a tad different. It's all a learning experience man so dont get discouraged! I think i killed more plants in my early days than i harvested. Thankfully i dont have that issue anymore!

Here is a picture of some of my other plants at 3 1/2 weeks old.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X