Clear All

Tap root

Quick thought, can a tap root regrow if it’s broken off? Thanks in advance

Very unlikely
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Not really, got a pic? If it's a decent sized root and you break off the tip you might be ok but if you're talking about breaking most or pretty much all of a small taproot off of a seed then I doubt it will make it.

Comment

I have grown a new root, not a tap root, but a new root on a seed I destroyed the tap root on (WW auto). I new I killed it, but I had to try to save it, I smashed the tap root picking it up, a bit of TLC and she made a nice harvest.
        As far as growing a new tap root, no it wont happen, but we make clones that never have tap roots. I dont like it when I do damage to the roots, but they can survive.

Comment

I'm going against convention. While just a sproutlet, yeah, don't break the root.
          In my straw experiments I have broken tap roots through unnecessary fiddlin'. If the first leaves are poking out and there is a good three inches of root, you can lose an inch and the broken end will split. Like topping a plant. A couple waterings with H2O2 and water for extra oxygen and to keep the broken end from getting sick.
          And my disclaimer. If anyone tries the straw, use lesser seeds incase things don't work out. If you try the straw, don't. Any failed experiments are not my fault. This is my experience.
          Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

I've purposely cut tap roots before. On trees & shrubs- & never all the way off. But this is a more delicate crop. I'd cross my fingers & hope- but don't be too disappointed if you loose it.

Comment

Thanks everyone yes by all the posts I’d say the tap root is gone, I will give it more time but seemed it broke off itself, it was the first time I checked it in a week, the root was only tiny and I was very delicate in my checking! Thanks for all your replys

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X