How many trees in a 2'x4'x5' GrowTent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR How many trees in a 2'x4'x5' GrowTent

I just bought a 2' x 4' Vivosun GrowTent and I plan on Manifolding and growing in Coco.
    The only piece of equipment I'll have taking up any floor space is a small dehumidifier they may take up about a half a foot of space.
    How many fully grown plants could I fit in my tent before there are too many?

You ever grow before? If not just grow one or two in the space don't over do if you've never done it. And read read read gather all the supplies you can. It takes some work but is so gratifying once you get the hang of it. Ask away, welcome to the grow.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DNLgreen
      DNLgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      I've grown a few times before, but only like 2-3 plants each time, nothing much. And believe me, I've read. I've read so much that I really doubt there's much else for me to learn except from what I'll learn through experience.
      But now I'm about to use coco, I've got a real tent, better lights, better nutes, better everything. Plus I'm going to be trying my hand in mainlining this time too, and that's really the only reason why I'm so unsure on how many I can fit inside the tent. A manifolded plant I know will probably be shorter, but will it be wider, or slimmer, or about the same?

You can grow some pretty healthy shrubs in 3 gal pots. If I'm trying to maximize canopy I'd plan on 2 sq ft/plant, so I'd start with a couple and see how it grows...
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I'd also recommend only growing 2 plants in that space. Once you start training the space can fill up pretty quick!

Comment

I've never had enough room for more than 2 plants in my 2x4x5 tent. Why the dehumidifier? Let me guess, to dehumidify. Right? Why?

Comment

TWO plants max_ with a 5' ceiling you only have 4' above the planters. If you Manifold then that will keep them shorter but they will take up a lot of space_ they'll end up being at least twice the diameter of a 4-5 gallon planter. If your strain is a sativa dominant strain then it will be even wider_ their branches tend to grow out longer. If you don't have your seed/clone yet then select one that is known for being short. not tall. Most descriptions in seed catalogs will say. I'd start with two plants and if one starts to take over you can decide what to do with the smaller one. Auto feminized strains usually are shorter_ the genetics behind the auto flowering usually result in shorter plants. If they get to tall you might end up having to supper crop them later on_ see tutorial here on GWE!
          Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
          liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X