lights and electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lights and electricity

have a 4x4x8 grow tent with 4 1000 gtmar lights i know prob overkill with 125 scrubber and blower and an oscilating fan .have 6 photo plants and 5 regular flower flats for spring in tent . is just a regular surge protector, enough for this setup or should i get a certain kind of surge protector ty

Damn good question teardown, I don't know but others here will
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by teardown View Post
      have a 4x4x8 grow tent with 4 1000 gtmar lights i know prob overkill with 125 scrubber and blower and an oscilating fan .have 6 photo plants and 5 regular flower flats for spring in tent . is just a regular surge protector, enough for this setup or should i get a certain kind of surge protector ty
      Since you are only drawing a little over 500 watts you should be good to go electrical wise.

If you want to add a SPD to protect your lights just go with a name brand such as Tripp-Lite.

MJT

Comment

I've had a regular surge protector loaded a little over 1000W and had no issues. Not to say it wouldn't happen but I think you'll be fine if you're only around 500W like MJTECH said. I never looked at mine but they should have a power rating somewhere on them or on the box/manual if they have one.

Comment

Originally posted by dphipps1020 View Post
          I've had a regular surge protector loaded a little over 1000W and had no issues. Not to say it wouldn't happen but I think you'll be fine if you're only around 500W like MJTECH said. I never looked at mine but they should have a power rating somewhere on them or on the box/manual if they have one.
          SPD's are not rated in watts, with residential SPD's the rating they carry is the amount of power that can shunt from hot/neutral to ground and or neutral.

Since residential SPD's are intended to be used with standard 120VAC 15 Amp outlets that should be designed to handle 1800 watts through them, 120v * 15a = 1800 W.

MJT

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X