Off to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to work

Let's be honest, who smokes a bowl before they head of for work ? I damn sure did before I retired.

I stay high.
    SSD

Comment

I have but not very often, my job is very physical and a good buzz kinda slows me down, not a good idea if I wanna get my work done lol

Comment

I have very rarely; some of my students do on a regular basis...
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Wake and bake! Watch a old guy become young again!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiit, he ain't old!!!!!!!

Now for me that would be a sure way to lose my job after 26 years with company...wouldn't even consider. 😦 After work is playtime all the way!! 🙌
          Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
          Recent grows...
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

Never, ever. Hubs either. Government / school districts jobs. I went to work occasionally with a severe hangover. Just told them I was coming down with the flu and they would send me home LOL

Comment

• Tersky
              Tersky commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol i had a "government" job working in IT for a medical school (state run school) and most of my department was high most of the time....the only way to deal with the people we worked for. I have friends that still work there and they stay high...The job looks great on paper...but it killed you a little every day. Thats why i quit.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen to that, Tersky! So many jobs kill us a little every day!!! Mind-numbing bureaucrats and rules that choke creativity.

I am self employed. my boss does not mind if I get high all the time. It helps with grumpy customers with bad attitude.

Comment

• St.buds
              St.buds commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed

I love it. Keep it coming.

Comment

I smoke all day and do home office in my computer.

Comment

I don't think of it as "getting high" if it's work-related: I think of it as "taking my medicine"
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Me + weed = the world a better place

Comment

Not in the morning before going to work, I would have most likely gotten lost on the way! LOL
                    But at lunch break, we'd have our sandwiches and then lite up a joint! It allowed me to get into and focus on the project at hand I was a designer/draftsman for a large equipment manufacturer then. We were 'on the board' drafting, T-squares, compasses, triangles, ink and pencils, no computers then.
                    But now that I'm retired, it's my second cup of coffee, so it's time to lite up the can!!
                    Enjoy Your day!! I will!
                    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• kingfish
                      kingfish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You bet I will.

Never touch the stuff myself! (Ma Ma said weed is the devil).

Comment

• kingfish
                      kingfish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What does Ma Ma smoke ?

• DW2
                      DW2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Whom holds it for you? Or does it just levitate? lol

I'm in engineering/tech consulting/contracting. A lot of my work is dealing with and managing people, which I'm not comfortable doing while "medicated", but I also do tech work. As a person who's struggled with some form of ADD and LD all my life, I've become very interested in how my brain works, both for the better and the worse, while medicated, and how that varies with strain, THC/CBD ratio, etc. Very generally I find that my ability to conceptualize solutions to difficult, complicated problems is enhanced by weed. It allows me to access some of the subconscious creative areas of my brain more easily, and increases concentration/attention, decreases distractibility, etc. CBD-heavy strains seem more effective at this.

Longwinded way to say that, yes, sometimes I do light up (or power up...) before work .

Steve Ballmer at Microsoft famously semi-joked of the "Ballmer Peak", referring the level of alcohol consumption at which programmers perform at their best - he believed that they work better with 1-2 drinks than sober, but increasingly worse with 3 or more (or something like that). I prefer the Beastie Boys' statement/observation: "I smoke cheeba, it helps me with my brain..."

Comment

• DW2
                      DW2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What D-TrainCA said!

• South Sierra Dude
                      South Sierra Dude commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In my previous positions I abstained. They were quite demanding. No meds. Maybe a beer with lunch but no more.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X