at a loss plz help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at a loss plz help....

hey fellow growers I'm stumped... I've had probably five or six good gross never ran into problems I'm running into now for one I can't figure out what these problems are in the first picture you'll see these brown spots I went to diagnose your plant and it's saying that is a magnesium deficiency well I put the calmag to him and it doesn't seem to help the only thing I can think of is my nutrients which are the grow box by general organics and it is nutrients I had left over from a grow last year could that be a I mean that's the only thing I'm doing different except for my soil now I can't afford all that high-dollar foxfarm and all that other stuff I've always used potting soil not Miracle-Gro but just a big bag of potting soil and I would put it bone meal worm castings which I can't seem to find now perlite and vermiculite and have always used to general organics go box I've always kept my pH in between 6 to 7 and used CFLs and LED lights so I can't figure out what is wrong the plants have stopped growing they're yellow and these brown spots so PLZ HELP....
    Attached Files

Hey Bigchix72 DO NOT pH your water if you are using the General Organics GO Box. One of my first mistakes was not reading on the feeding schedule that water shouldn't be pH'd when using the product. It looks to me like you're having, or had, a pH fluctuation issue. My water pH's 8 at runoff but I never had an issue until I pH'd
    I've been using the GO Box with regular soil. Something to consider is, those are supplements. Not full on fertilizer. It's hard to hurt the plants with fish squeezin's. I use them every watering, every other day.
    You haven't done any irreparable damage. Don't wait for the yellowed leaves to turn green. They won't. Folks are going to tell you to flush with pH'd water. I say keep going without a flush because of my experience.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Bengfan
      Bengfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey man interesting you say that. I do not use the GO box but just the grow, bloom and calmg and I because I read in different places not to ph I wrote GH to ask about ph'ing their GO. Their reply was to absolutely ph. I know it used to say on the box no need to ph but does not anymore. Just thought I would throw that out there. BTW, after this grow my GO nutes will be used up and I am switching to dry/powdered nutes but have not decided on brand yet. Good luck!!

• Bigchix72
      Bigchix72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bengfan Gingerbeard thank you 4 your comments so quickly I did also read on the dough box where it said no need to pH my water but I did all those other grows and never had those issues my runoff is high probably around 8 also but the only water that I'm using is rainwater and with the rainwater I don't need to pH my water but I do anyway but I don't have to ph up or down it my thought last night was go back to the way I did things before when I wasn't having any issues with any of my other grows pertaining this kind of stuff what is your thoughts on my nutrients I've gone bad and that's why I'm showing my magnesium and calcium deficiency if that's what it is because I was told before pretty much one box will go towards one grow and I've always kept it at about 8 to 11 plants and I've always had some leftover but I've always bought brand new boxes because I was almost out well this time halfway through the grow I had to leave them at my dad's house and I knew he wasn't going to add nutrients so I just brought them with me when I moved and had all these leftover nutrients while I decided to use them and now I'm running into the problem so what are your thoughts on those going bad also let me ask the pollen is really bad right now would that have any issue with it because you're my rainwater I'm also getting this pollen of course I try to get out most of it but I'm sure there's still some in the water
      Last edited by Bigchix72; 02-24-2020, 03:21 PM.

The GO Box is not all that good an investment. You get two of the exact same size bottles of different nutes, one uses 2.5ml in flowering and the other needs 5ml throughout the grow. I've thrown away quite a bit that never got used. So far as longevity of the nutes, maybe I should look at that. I have bottles that are a year old. They've been in the fridge for the most part so maybe... I don't know. No great miasma of rotting fish squeezin's so what the hell. Keep on fishin'. I'm probably switching to a different fertilizer, anyway. pH'ing will have to happen, which I am not a fan of doing.
    I know I started having pH issues when I started pH'ing my nute water. Whatever that's worth.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X