Dry Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Ice

Has anyone used dry ice to increase the CO2 in your grow?

Nope, it would be a huge waste of money.

Comment

I recall reading in Rosenthal's book that they used to add Co2 to dark rooms (while they were inside and holding their breath!). I believe in the scale that we are (assumption) growing air exchange is enough.
      Meesta's Grow
      2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

I can buy dry ice cheaper than compressed CO2 per pound. I leave it in a closed cooler and then place it in a a garbage bag. And then another garbage bag oriented the opposite direction. The bags inflate as the ice vaporizes. Lasts several days. I may try it again and go to some lengths to seal the cooler and increase the pressure in the cooler and hence extend the vaporization period. Plus I was using 1/2"x1.5" cylinders of ice. If I could get it in block form the results should improve significantly.
        Last edited by smoorman; 02-23-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Not to hijack your thread but I was reading about getting bugs on your plants inside the house & it came across my mind that maybe you could kill the bugs if you flooded the room with CO2. However I don't know if the plants can handle that much CO2 or not. Your post got me wondering about that again.

Comment

A Quart of water, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and a pinch of (any brand) yeast will make CO2, but you breathing in the home is enuf for our girls.

Comment

good air exchange is 400ppm .. if your room is hot or extra hi par levels 1000ppm is what u want .if both 1400ppm of co2 and only when lights are on..

Comment

As long as you don’t seal the dry ice completely I would say go ahead and experiment. One thing if you seal dry ice in a coke bottle the pressure will make it blow up and is as dangerous and loud as an M-80 firecracker something to keep in mind.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X