Automatic fill valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic fill valve

Hey guys I’m 4 weeks into my first hydro grow. I’ve read somewhere that people have used toilet float valve to automatically top off main rez.
    Any help on how to set this up would be great.

I would look at the water valve for a swamp cooler, you would need to drill a hole for it to mount in and supply water to it. I would also recommend an overflow for mishaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
      I would also recommend an overflow for mishaps.
      One reason I’ve never even tried and started 50 yrs ago with marine aquariums.... started what? Carrying buckets of water

Comment

Originally posted by Farmall View Post

One reason I’ve never even tried and started 50 yrs ago with marine aquariums.... started what? Carrying buckets of water
        Reef aquariums or cannabis growing. Two of the best hobbies ever.

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Back then, we had to isolate the metal framework on the tanks if the day from galvanic corrosion... I remember the excitement of seeing an all glass tank and OZONE...wow what a breakthrough

55 gallon drum, drill a hole in the bottom and seal with an ebb & flow fitting. Connect that fitting to a tube that reaches your reservoir. Drill a hole in reservoir (near the required water level height) for the float valve and connect the tube to it. When the float valve is raised due to water level increasing, it shuts the float valve. When the water level drops, the float falls and opens the valve up. This allows the water from the 55gal drum to fill the reservoir until the float valve raises up again and shuts off the valve. Good luck!
        Last edited by Toker1; 02-22-2020, 03:49 PM.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          What a great idea!

The only thing I think of the mopping up the other 54 gallons... I had a float valve set on a koi pond we had yrs back and it did work. Limiting the potential indoor flood is a better idea than a free flowing source from the main supply. Sorry I have a jaded attitude in this area

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Here is an example. I can not comment on how well this particular model works. I have seen other models work just fine. I would research the options.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          A ha! I actually added two wireless wi-fi leak detectors a few months ago.... I am in the basement almost daily... a few months ago, the pressure relief valve on the boiler started trickling a drip of about 1 gallon per hour. Of course, it happened during the 3 day period I did not go in the basement !. Several yrs back I rarely went in the basement... I could only imagine the nightmare that could have been. These $48.00 each things send an email that they test themselves weekly to advise they are working... we’ll see, but the feeling I am somewhat ahead of a potential problem is comforting

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes.
          Leaky valves need to be repaired. Usually it’s the seals that go out first. On a prv, they don't get repaired. Once they blow they need to be replaced.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X